Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 769 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Gucci
Oscar Rodriguez
  • J H
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam’s album is definitely a downgrade from In The Lonely Hour, and it’s not really crtically acclaimed (72). I think he’ll ger nominated but he’s most definitely not a lock.

it’s definitely better reviewed than lonely hour tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Liamsta
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, plenty of albums that are full of garbage have been nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album (Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Kesha, etc.). Anything can happen in that category.

Omg, your name and pic changed :O I still know who you are from the “honey” though lol.

You are completely correct, and to be honest, i would love to see Xtina bring it and make it an early 2000s battle. I do think this next Xtina album will be a lot better than her last couple though.

But one thing, we here on Goldderby know (and won’t forget) that Demi was only nominated because the only other contender was Selena can’t sing Gomez.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my picks in select pop, R&B, and gospel categories (list is subject to change and/or expand):

Pop Vocal Album

Beautiful Trauma – P!nk

Reputation – Taylor Swift (also AOTY nod)

Meaning of Life – Kelly Clarkson

Man of the Woods – Justin Timberlake

The Thrill of it All – Sam Smith

TBA – Ariana Grande

Pop Solo Performance

“Too Good at Goodbyes” – Sam Smith

“Beautiful Trauma” – P!nk

“I Don’t Think About You” – Kelly Clarkson

“Look What You Made Me Do” – Taylor Swift

“Tell Me You Love Me” – Demi Lovato

Pop Duo/Group Performance

“Havana” – Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug

“End Game” – Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran & Future

Best Gospel Album

Heart.Passion.Pursuit – Tasha Cobb Leonard

It’s Still Personal – Tina Campbell

Your Great Name – Todd Dulaney

Bible of Love – Snoop Dogg

The Other Side – The Walls Group

Best R&B Performance

“Deadwood” – Toni Braxton

“When We” – Tank

“Easy” – Demetria McKinney

“Not My Ex” – Jessie J

Best Traditional R&B Performance

“Burden Down” – Jennifer Hudson

“Incapable” – Keyshia Cole

“Blind” – Tamar Braxton

“Happy” – Demetria McKinney

Best R&B Album

Sex & Cigarettes – Toni Braxton

Bluebird of Happiness – Tamar Braxton

Officially Yours – Demetria McKinney

Good Man – Ne-Yo

Savage – Tank

Best Urban Contemporary Album

Trip – Jhene Aiko

War & Leisure – Miguel

Heartbreak on a Full Moon – Chris Brown

H.E.R – H.E.R

Get real! Havana, LWYMMD and Too Good at Goodbye can’t be nominated anymore in next year’s Grammys.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my picks in select pop, R&B, and gospel categories (list is subject to change and/or expand): Pop Vocal Album Beautiful Trauma – P!nk Reputation – Taylor Swift (also AOTY nod) Meaning of Life – Kelly Clarkson Man of the Woods – Justin Timberlake The Thrill of it All – Sam Smith TBA – Ariana Grande Pop Solo Performance “Too Good at Goodbyes” – Sam Smith “Beautiful Trauma” – P!nk “I Don’t Think About You” – Kelly Clarkson “Look What You Made Me Do” – Taylor Swift “Tell Me You Love Me” – Demi Lovato Pop Duo/Group Performance “Havana” – Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug “End Game” – Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran & Future Best Gospel Album Heart.Passion.Pursuit – Tasha Cobb Leonard It’s Still Personal – Tina Campbell Your Great Name – Todd Dulaney Bible of Love – Snoop Dogg The Other Side – The Walls Group Best R&B Performance “Deadwood” – Toni Braxton “When We” – Tank “Easy” – Demetria McKinney “Not My Ex” – Jessie J Best Traditional R&B Performance “Burden Down” – Jennifer Hudson “Incapable” – Keyshia Cole “Blind” – Tamar Braxton “Happy” – Demetria McKinney Best R&B Album Sex & Cigarettes – Toni Braxton Bluebird of Happiness – Tamar Braxton Officially Yours – Demetria McKinney Good Man – Ne-Yo Savage – Tank Best Urban Contemporary Album Trip – Jhene Aiko War & Leisure – Miguel Heartbreak on a Full Moon – Chris Brown H.E.R – H.E.R

Get real! Havana, LWYMMD and Too Good at Goodbye can’t be nominated anymore in next year’s Grammys.

They can submit live versions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think that’s how the phrase “Get real!” is supposed to be used.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a Taylor fan and I’m 100% sure that the live version of LWYMMD won’t be sent for anything.

Taylor’s chance for AOTY nomination is increasing day by day. The first week of the album, most people were saying it couldn’t even be nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album, now it’s lock for most of us.

Just like Red, Rep might get AOTY nom because of its undeniable success. It is the most successful album of the eligibility period so far and JT is not a threat for Rep anymore. It is NOT certain but its chance is getting bigger day by day.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor Swift will be snubbed in AoTY category. The recent backlash over female nominees/winners forcing the Academy’s president to even pull out of a press conference, will help her chances.

I think the female representation will be improved in the general field categories next year, and who can think of a more successful female artist than Taylor Swift this year?

I don’t think next year the committee will be more concerned with diversity than female representation. In fact the most backlash the academy received this year is over female representation. So that leads me to believe Taylor will be nominated for AoTY yet again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Duke
    Participant
    Topics:

Black Panther Soundtrack for:

Album of the Year

Song of the Year (Pray for Me- The Weeknd ft. Kendrick Lamar)

Record of the Year (All the Stars- Kendrick Lamar ft. SZA)

Best Rap Album

Best Rap/Sung Performance (All the Stars- Kendrick Lamar ft. SZA)

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift is NOT getting another AOTY nomination. The reason why Fearless, Red, and 1989 got AOTY nominations is because those albums maintained buzz and hits throughout their respective cycles. Craputation has lost buzz and hasn’t produced a hit in months. Also, Speak Now maintained buzz and still didn’t get a nod. Believe it or not, Swift is NOT always a shoo-in for an AOTY nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Even Red got a ROTY nomination for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. Reputation couldn’t even do that for Look What You Made Me Do!

Lol, she has no other hits this album that will carry all the way through September to get a General Field nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anything that’s been released since October is an obvious contender for general field categories. Sam Smith could get in AOTY, but he needs more momentum with a second hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

They can submit live versions.

Camila can also submit the Daddy Yankee remix of Havana. I doubt it’s a contender for ROTY (BRP has a bias against alternate versions of hits – see Set Fire to the Rain and Happy) but could get in Pop Duo/Group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Stop overhyping the Black Panther album. It’ll get Rap Sung and Compilation and that’s it. Maybe SOTY for that The Weeknd song, if it becomes a hit

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift is NOT getting another AOTY nomination. The reason why Fearless, Red, and 1989 got AOTY nominations is because those albums maintained buzz and hits throughout their respective cycles. Craputation has lost buzz and hasn’t produced a hit in months. Also, Speak Now maintained buzz and still didn’t get a nod. Believe it or not, Swift is NOT always a shoo-in for an AOTY nom.

If the committee had the same logic as yours they wouldn’t have nominated Melodrama, yet they did. I won’t be surprised if they nominate Reputation, to avoid backlash over snubbing successful female artists. They responded to the prior year’s backlash about diversity, so I’m pretty sure that this year’s backlash about female nominees will influence the committee’s decision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, the blue ribbon committee can choose other women besides Taylor Swift for AOTY nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 769 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.