Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 778 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
32 mins ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Gucci
Oscar Rodriguez
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, it’s over four months into this eligibility period. There are a bunch of shitty contenders thus far. The nominations are going to be even worse than last year’s. Barf!

To you and also have a little patience.

ReplyCopy URL
    Liamsta
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry but the contenders for next year’s grammys were already stronger and more interesting than the contenders for this year’s ceremomy back in october.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry but the contenders for next year’s grammys were already stronger and more interesting than the contenders for this year’s ceremomy back in october.

I’m not sure about that. Right now I don’t see strong contenders for SOTY and ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Camilla gonna be Paul Grien’s 2018 Harry Styles? Is he going to try to make her happen?

Black Panther The Album just hit #1 before the movie was even released. Hopefully some singles can catch on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

The only strong frontrunner to win AOTY next year is Taylor Swift and nothing else.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, as of now, there are NO strong contenders in ROTY, AOTY, SOTY, and BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

This is why I say Taylor Swift is the early frontrunner for AOTY. She has the most successful album of the eligibility period. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reputation would be #1 in year-end charts.

This is not certain, but in these conditions, she is the early frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation does not have staying power, though.

It’s already out of the top 10. “Look What You Made Me Do” was not a long-lasting hit, and it wasn’t nominated for any Grammys last season. “End Game” bombed, despite Ed Sheeran and Future being on the song. Nothing has really stuck.

If Reputation is the frontrunner right now, that says a lot about the climate and the Grammys as a whole. Rep will not win AOTY. Bye.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I was talking about nominations. I also don’t think Rep will win AOTY as I said a lot of time before but it is the early frontrunner for AOTY nomination since there is no album more successful than it in the first four months.

ReplyCopy URL
    Liamsta
    Participant
    Topics:

I get that next years grammys arent shaping up well with no clear frontrunners, but I believe that last year was fucking boring for the main 3 as well. Bruno Mars swept ffs, and who would have predicted that when 24k Magic first came out?

ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Camilla gonna be Paul Grien’s 2018 Harry Styles? Is he going to try to make her happen?

At least there’s a semi-reasonable argument to be made for her, since her album has a #1 hit that’s not eligible for Record or Song next year (which helped Pharrell get his surprise AOTY nom).

Harry Styles in any of the main categories was always a completely bonkers prediction.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

We still have some that don’t have release dates right? I heard on the radio that Twenty One Pilots and Kanye are rumored to release this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, next year’s Grammys aren’t looking good for the women. As I see it, the following are in the lead for Album of the Year (which can and will easily change as newer albums emerge)…

Chris Stapleton – From A Room, Vol. 2
    Miguel – War & Leisure
    MGMT – Little Dark Age
    Migos – Culture II
    Various Artists – The Black Panther Soundtrack

Darkhorse: Sam Smith – The Thrill Of It All

3 Bigger Artists who have been nominated in the past will not be nominated and here’s why:

1) Taylor Swift – She’s won Album of the Year twice… an impressive accomplishment… there will be major backlash against nominating her again, especially for an album/era that has underperformed with no hit singles (minus the one they already snubbed). And while yes, she did sell a million copies in the first week and has solid reviews, there will be no motivation by anyone to reward her with another AOTY nomination.

2) Eminem – Bad reviews and so far not the best sales… plus for the first time in his career, no hit singles (Even with Ed Sheeran and Beyonce on the album). Additionally, there was a little bit of backlash against him from the hip-hop community about this album being “too pop” with all of its pop artist features and not contemporary enough.

3) Justin Timberlake – Career-worse reviews and underwhelming sales. If he wasn’t nominated for 20/20… he ain’t getting in with this one. I mean, for crying out loud… he had the Super Bowl to market this album and was originally projected to sell 700,000+ copies in his first week, but only sold 200,000+. Sad.

A Grammy favorite like P!nk or Kelly Clarkson might be thrown into AOTY as a career reward, but neither one of them particularily deserves it for their respected albums. Between the two, I’d put my money on Kelly Clarkson though, since she made a “soul” album this time around.

Either way, its a safe bet to assume that whoever is chosen for the Blue Ribbon Panel is going to want to be more inclusive of the various genres in the General Field categories… more Country, more Rock/Alternative… less Jay-Z.

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

If Vampire Weekend’s album drops this eligibility period (which it should) it could be a force to be reckoned with. Modern Vampires of the City won Alternative Album, and many were predicting it to get into AotY. It topped many year-end lists. If they can recapture the magic, they stand a good chance to get into AotY this time around. Hell, I could even see them winning as a sort of outsider pick (Arcade Fire, Beck).

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, next year’s Grammys aren’t looking good for the women. As I see it, the following are in the lead for Album of the Year (which can and will easily change as newer albums emerge)…

Chris Stapleton – From A Room, Vol. 2
    Miguel – War & Leisure
    MGMT – Little Dark Age
    Migos – Culture II
    Various Artists – The Black Panther Soundtrack

Darkhorse: Sam Smith – The Thrill Of It All

3 Bigger Artists who have been nominated in the past will not be nominated and here’s why:

1) Taylor Swift – She’s won Album of the Year twice… an impressive accomplishment… there will be major backlash against nominating her again, especially for an album/era that has underperformed with no hit singles (minus the one they already snubbed). And while yes, she did sell a million copies in the first week and has solid reviews, there will be no motivation by anyone to reward her with another AOTY nomination.

2) Eminem – Bad reviews and so far not the best sales… plus for the first time in his career, no hit singles (Even with Ed Sheeran and Beyonce on the album). Additionally, there was a little bit of backlash against him from the hip-hop community about this album being “too pop” with all of its pop artist features and not contemporary enough.

3) Justin Timberlake – Career-worse reviews and underwhelming sales. If he wasn’t nominated for 20/20… he ain’t getting in with this one. I mean, for crying out loud… he had the Super Bowl to market this album and was originally projected to sell 700,000+ copies in his first week, but only sold 200,000+. Sad.

A Grammy favorite like P!nk or Kelly Clarkson might be thrown into AOTY as a career reward, but neither one of them particularily deserves it for their respected albums. Between the two, I’d put my money on Kelly Clarkson though, since she made a “soul” album this time around.

Either way, its a safe bet to assume that whoever is chosen for the Blue Ribbon Panel is going to want to be more inclusive of the various genres in the General Field categories… more Country, more Rock/Alternative… less Jay-Z.

Get real! Migos and Miguel are not getting AOTY nom.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 778 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.