Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,109 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
  • D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Havana, but the Grammys would be such a joke if artists like Camila Cabello (or Dua Lipa or Bebe Rexha) are nominated!

What exactly is so bad about Dua Lipa? She’s a very talented singer and performer.

Rexha could get a nomination depending on where Meant to Be competes. It’s got no shot at the general field or country categories given FGL’s track record, but I could definitely see it getting in Pop DG depending on what else comes out this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I find Bebe Rexha to be a bit tacky and I have a hard time thinking she’ll last beyond this song with a band that the Grammy’s haven’t exactly been kind to. Florida Georgia Line have had some big hits and have been ignored. Also, is the song country or pop? I just don’t see the buzz lasting.

Dua Lipa on the other hand put out on of the better mainstream pop albums last year and New Rules continues to hover around the charts. If IDGAF grows like New Rules did, she could be a legitimate contender and nothing for the Grammys to be embarrassed about for a New Artist contender.

Camila seems like the type they might warm up to down the road and had the original cut of Havana been eligible this year, she might have got into Record or Pop Duo. Never Be the Same is kind of generic though and isn’t the hit that Havana was. There’s nothing else really on her album that I could see being a big hit either.

Meghan Trainer’s new song is more of the same from her. Her whole style of singing is really dated now and I don’t see her picking up any attention.

I really feel this year will come down to the blue ribbon panel selecting some underdog / critical favourites to fill out the big four and make sure they check off all of the boxes required to not have the negative attention they received this year. There’s still 7 months left, but now is the time we should start seeing some big contenders releasing new music. Ariana, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Chance the Rapper could all have new music in the next little while.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Havana, but the Grammys would be such a joke if artists like Camila Cabello (or Dua Lipa or Bebe Rexha) are nominated!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see non-successful singles by Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo. One slot would probably go to Ariana Grande and the other one is up in the air. I can see Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift being shut out of the category (unless there is really no one else).

I’m looking forward to a decent pop album in this window. Hopefully there’ll be a breakout artist or a good release from among the following artists: Ariana Grande, Avril Lavigne, Carly Rae Jepsen, Meghan Trainor, Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, Florence + the Machine, Twenty One Pilots, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber (?). I’m also hoping for Beyonce/Rihanna to drop their albums!

Delicate is an early frontrunner for Best Pop Solo Performance.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Miguel.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Havana, but the Grammys would be such a joke if artists like Camila Cabello (or Dua Lipa or Bebe Rexha) are nominated! I wouldn’t be surprised if we see non-successful singles by Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo. One slot would probably go to Ariana Grande and the other one is up in the air. I can see Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift being shut out of the category (unless there is really no one else). I’m looking forward to a decent pop album in this window. Hopefully there’ll be a breakout artist or a good release from among the following artists: Ariana Grande, Avril Lavigne, Carly Rae Jepsen, Meghan Trainor, Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, Florence + the Machine, Twenty One Pilots, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber (?). I’m also hoping for Beyonce/Rihanna to drop their albums!

Delicate is a early frontrunner for Best Pop Solo Performance.

Fucking stop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande’s upcoming album is finished! She’s currently doing her visuals and artwork for her upcoming album. Pharrell Williams and Max Martin are producers of Ariana Grande’s 4th album. She might release her new album likely May. Her lead single will be released this April.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Royal Night
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure if she has been discusssed but after very favorable reviews I can see Brandi Carlile getting a few nominations. She will probably be relegated to just Americana categories, but if she could perform at a high profile event or if critics praise her still toward the end of the year, maybe she could grab a surprise general nomination like Sturgill Simpson or Ray Lamontagne.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

I *really* hope Ariana hits it big with her new era. The Pop categories seem pretty weak this year, and with Taylor and Justin flopping commercially and critically, she may have a shot this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift’s Delicate music video will debut next week during the iHeartRadio Music Awards.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift’s Delicate music video will debut next week during the iHeartRadio Music Awards.

We don’t care

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I just listened to Camila and it surpassed my expectations! The album is not Grammy-worthy per se, but it is definitely way more deserving of a nomination than Craputation or Man of the Woods. 

Delicate is going to flop. Taylor Swift needs to move on with her next album already!

(On a side note, now I wished SZA submitted Broken Clocks – that track is a bop!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I just listened to Camila and it surpassed my expectations! The album is not Grammy-worthy per se, but it is definitely way more deserving of a nomination than Craputation or Man of the Woods.

Delicate is going to flop. Taylor Swift needs to move on with her next album already!

(On a side note, now I wished SZA submitted Broken Clocks – that track is a bop!)

Ariana Grande might have a best year with her upcoming 4th album.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I just listened to Camila and it surpassed my expectations! The album is not Grammy-worthy per se, but it is definitely way more deserving of a nomination than Craputation or Man of the Woods. Delicate is going to flop. Taylor Swift needs to move on with her next album already! (On a side note, now I wished SZA submitted Broken Clocks – that track is a bop!)

Ariana Grande might have a best year with her upcoming 4th album.

I hate to break it to you, but Ariana Grande became one of those “slutty” pop singers that the Academy don’t like. With “Side To Side” (a generic pop song about walking side to side from too much sex) just ruined her image in the eyes of the Academy.

I doubt she’ll be considered. She’s in the Britney Spears category now.

On a sidenote, Beyoncé & Jay Z are releasing a joint-album this year. They may dominate the next Grammys nominations.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I just listened to Camila and it surpassed my expectations! The album is not Grammy-worthy per se, but it is definitely way more deserving of a nomination than Craputation or Man of the Woods.

Delicate is not going to flop.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande will continue to be a loser.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t help but think that Sting and Shaggy have a pop vocal duo nomination in the bag. It just looks like one of those pairings that oddly is magical

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.