Home Forums Music Best No. 2 peaking song of 2012 BILLBOARD HOT 100

Best No. 2 peaking song of 2012 BILLBOARD HOT 100

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Leonardo
    Topics:

Billboard year is over, and the calendar year is almost over too. Every year there’s one or two hits that seem to be everywhere, however they’re surpassed by bigger hits on the charts, or simply never have the luck to top the Hot 100.

So, which song do you think was the most deserving of a #1 placement on the Hot 100 this year? Take into account your own taste (quality wise) and even the impact of the song.

My vote goes to Ellie Goulding’s ‘Lights’ ’cause it was a great breakthrough hit (if clearly not her best work), has strong lyrics and vocals and sold 3 million downloads, was a radio smash and a hit with streaming services too. What’s yours and why?  

moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Of all these songs, I would say that Lights and Payphone were robbed of the top spot. They were everywhere. Die Young had potential to get to the top, but it never really came together I guess. Wide Awake and Boyfriend were never going to be #1’s even though they were very popular. And I will always be eternally grateful that wretched Gangnam Style never hit the top spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Max 2.0
    Topics:

Payphone. It is miles better than “One More Night”, which didnt deserve to be nine weeks at the penthouse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow. Never thought I would say that a Katy Perry song was the best of anything, but it’s the only song from the batch that doesn’t drive me nuts.

ReplyCopy URL
    AroundU
    Topics:

Lights. I’m a huge ellie fan and happy for her success in the states. In fact I seen her live last week, she was amazing!

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

None of the above.

All of these #2 songs stink.  What a lousy year in music. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Of the above, my vote goes to “Die Young”. *ducks*

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

“Gangnam Style”: it was too big to ignore and was propelled by its fun(ny) video that hopefully bridged cultural divides in some way.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrJustice
    Participant
    Topics:

“Gangnam Style” may be a one hit wonder, but it was one of the most fun and infectious entities this year.  It certainly deserved the #1 spot.

“Lights” is probably the best though. 

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

To me, this was one of the easiest polls I’ve taken on here haha. I clearly and decisively went with Ellie!

Die Young was fine and I have no problem with it. The other songs? No, just no. Maroon 5 seems to annoy me more & more with each successive song. I used to like them. Wide Awake I just never could love or even like much, unlike Katy’s other catchy singles. Psy? No. Bieber? I’ve never understood the appeal of his songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cineking
    Participant
    Topics:

“Die Young’ is much better than “Diamonds” (the song that blocked it), but it’s still not very good and it’s already falling down, so it would be another forgettable #1 hit.

“Payphone” and “Wide Awake” are pretty good, but Maroon and Katy are so lucky in the charts that a #1 more or a #1 less makes no difference for them.

“Gangnam Style” is OK, but we have had enough one-hit wonders on top this year with Carly and Gotye.

“Boyfriend”? No, just no. I thank God the fact Billboard has changed Hot 100 rules in the right time.

“Lights” is a masterpiece! Even if she becomes a one-hit wonder, “Lights” will be remembered in the future as one of the best songs from early 2010s. I choose Ellie!

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I thought Psy woud win this, but I have underestimated Goldderby’s love for “authentic” female pop singers. 

“Lights” is not even Ellie Goulding’s best song, and certainly not the best in the line up, even though it’s very good. My favorite is Psy, but “Die Young” has grown immensely on me. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.