December 5, 2014 at 3:40 pm #404948
Who surprised you with getting nominated or getting snubbed?December 5, 2014 at 3:55 pm #404950
Lana Del Rey getting snubbed definitely, I’m just hoping UV gets into AOTY (:December 5, 2014 at 4:08 pm #404951
Joan Rivers nominated for Best Spoken Word AlbumDecember 5, 2014 at 4:12 pm #404952
How in the heck did that Brandy Clark woman get the country nomination spot for the Best New Artist Grammy award over Cole Swindell??? (disgusted)
God bless you and him always!!!
Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_QDecember 5, 2014 at 4:14 pm #404953
The most surprising omissions for me were:
– “Let It Go” in Song of the Year
– Sia in Pop Vocal Album
– Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake in Pop Duo/Group Performance (I thought they wouldn’t be able to resist)
– Calvin Harris in Dance Recording (I can’t stand “Summer” but I expected it to show up because it was a hit and he’s a big name)
– Aretha Franklin and Aloe Blacc in Traditional R&B Performance
The most surprising inclusions:
– Miley Cyrus in Pop Vocal Album (it feels like old news at this point)
– “Shake It Off” in Song of the Year
– Iggy Azalea in Rap Album (I thought the rap community wouldn’t respond to her)
I’m also surprised Rap Performance consists entirely of solo performances and unlike recent years, so many big stars were nominated for R&B Performance.December 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm #404954
Let it Go being shut out in the top categories and Beyonce too (album time will tell)December 5, 2014 at 6:11 pm #404955
– Miley Cyrus in Best Pop Vocal Album for Bangerz.
– “Shake It Off” in SOTY.December 5, 2014 at 8:31 pm #404956
1. All about that bass in ROTY and SOTY.
2. Miley Cyrus in Best Pop Vocal Album
3. GIRL in AOTY
4. FKA Twigs snubbed musically, she is nominated for recording package.
5. Eminem is not in AOTY
6. Lack of diversity among ROTY and SOTY nominees.
1. Nominations for Beck, St. Vincent, Childish Gambino, etc.
2. Beck in AOTY. He is winning that.
3. Take me to church in SOTY.
4. Best country album nominees are pretty solid.
5. Turn Down for what nominated for music video.
6. Best dance recording nominees are pretty good too.December 5, 2014 at 9:06 pm #404957
- Miley Cyrus in Best Pop Vocal Album for Bangerz.
– “Shake It Off” in SOTY.
These and AATB in ROTY and SOTY.December 5, 2014 at 10:01 pm #404958
Miley Cyrus making it in over Sia’s album…..which is the best of the year.December 6, 2014 at 10:21 am #404959
Good: Bastille and HAIM getting in BNA.
Bad: an almost copy for ROTY and SOTY. At least give songs like Let It Go a nomination over All About That Bass if it’s about the lyrics.December 6, 2014 at 11:18 am #404960
No Drunk in Love for ROTY….thought it was a lock.December 6, 2014 at 11:25 am #404961
No Frozen in General Fields
No nomination for Sia’s album
Miley being nominatedDecember 6, 2014 at 11:44 am #404962
Not a surprise as much just an observation–Coldplay has evolved from alternative to rock and now pop at the Grammys and continue to get nominated. The support is there for them to win big some day if everything (hits, acclaim, impact, etc) manages to come together at the right time. This window may have already passed but for an album that wasn’t as well received as previous works I wasn’t expecting them to get nominated in pop album.December 6, 2014 at 1:58 pm #404963
[quote=”Gucci”]- Miley Cyrus in Best Pop Vocal Album for Bangerz.
– “Shake It Off” in SOTY.
These and AATB in ROTY and SOTY.[/quote]
“All About That Bass” was expected to get ROTY and/or SOTY nominations. No surprise there.