Home Forums Music Billboard Charts (Hot 100, Top 200)

Billboard Charts (Hot 100, Top 200)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 310 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
48 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Yea, I’d be pretty bummed if this song broke the all-time record. It feels more like a novelty song than one that should be ranked so highly. I don’t think it would be NEARLY as popular if Justin Bieber wasn’t attached to it. My friends that know the original say its much better. Needless to say, I don’t think anything can stop it at this point, especially with “Wild Things” in 2nd. If “That’s What I Like” was in 2nd, then maybe I could see it happening since that song is EVERYWHERE.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

How have you not heard the original? It has two billion views on YouTube.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve never really gotten into Latin music, so I never had an interest in seeking out the original. Also never watched the video for Gangnam Style, which has a lot of views as well I believe.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100

1. Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber – Despacito (14th Week at #1)
    2. DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts
    3. French Montana featuring Swae Lee – Unforgettable
    4. Imagine Dragons – Believer
    5. Charlie Puth – Attention
    6. Shawn Mendes – There’s Nothing Holding Me Back
    7. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like
    8. Cardi B – Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    9. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You
    10. DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Lil Wayne – I’m the One

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats Cardi B !

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Yikes, quite the drop for Bruno.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

How often does a song debut at #1? Apparently Bieber, Cyrus, and Timberlake are releasing new songs soon, and I was wondering if any of their star power would be able to topple Despacito from the top during their debuts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

How often does a song debut at #1? Apparently Bieber, Cyrus, and Timberlake are releasing new songs soon, and I was wondering if any of their star power would be able to topple Despacito from the top during their debuts.

Miley probably won’t. Timberlake is releasing stuff in like September, but Bieber could really upset himself for the #1 spot. If Despacito holds on next week to the #1 spot (Bieber will debut in 2 weeks), he will have the second longest #1. His only chance of tying the record is if Justin only releases the song to Apple Music (supposedly he is).

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

“Wild Thoughts” takes the top spot on Radio from “Despacito”, but the latter still leads Streaming and Sales, and still has a significant lead (1.4 to 1.0). It looks like the hurdle may be too tough for next week, but given “Wild Thoughts” is currently leading on iTunes and Spotify of the two songs, maybe there’s a chance at it overtaking in two weeks and stopping “Despacito” at 15 weeks.

That said, it sounds like Justin Timberlake or another artist debuting at #1 is more likely to stop the Bieber/Yankee/Fonsi track instead of Khaled/Rihanna taking the top slot from them before they break the all-time record.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Additionally, another stat that may fall (or tie) next week.

Longest Running Top Ten Hits

32 Weeks – LeAnn Rimes – How Do I Live
    32 Weeks – The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey – Closer
    31 Weeks – Ed Sheeran – Shape of You
    31 Weeks – Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk!
    30 Weeks – Santana featuring Rob Thomas – Smooth

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Cardi B + having a top 10 single = * Vomit *

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Drake drops out of the Hot 100 this week for the first time since “Best I Ever Had” debuted on the chart 431 weeks ago in 2009.

http://www.stereogum.com/1957494/drake-isnt-on-billboards-hot-100-for-the-first-time-since-2009/news/

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, “Signs” is #14 up here, “Passionfruit” is #46 and he has two more in the bottom half. Not that I will ever find out, but I wonder how long his Canadian streak will be.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

“Wild Thoughts” takes the top spot on Radio from “Despacito”, but the latter still leads Streaming and Sales, and still has a significant lead (1.4 to 1.0). It looks like the hurdle may be too tough for next week, but given “Wild Thoughts” is currently leading on iTunes and Spotify of the two songs, maybe there’s a chance at it overtaking in two weeks and stopping “Despacito” at 15 weeks.

That said, it sounds like Justin Timberlake or another artist debuting at #1 is more likely to stop the Bieber/Yankee/Fonsi track instead of Khaled/Rihanna taking the top slot from them before they break the all-time record.

I still believe “Wild Thoughts” will eventually top BB. It feels like a #1 song. They play it on the radio 24/7.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Bieber’s new single “Friends” is out today – could he become the first artist since The Beatles to have three consecutive, self-replacing number one hits if the song debuts at #1 in two weeks (stopping “Despacito”‘s run at 15 weeks)?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 310 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.