Home Forums Music Billboard Charts (Hot 100, Top 200)

Billboard Charts (Hot 100, Top 200)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 307 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, with the exception of Swifter Duster and Adele, what other white girl pop star can actually SELL their music right now? Miley proved that she can’t even with a top ten Malibu. Those album sales are disastrous. Katy Perry is over and can no longer appeal to the general public anymore. Lady Gaga lost that spark and hasn’t been interesting in years hence her underwhelming album sales. Really, pop/urban music by urban/Hip Hop/R&B artists is the one that’s dominating right now.

I’d say the top 3 female music sellers (regardless of race) are Adele, Taylor Swift, and Beyonce. Lady Gaga and Pink and Rihanna would be in a tier below. After that, I’m not sure there really is anyone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, with the exception of Swifter Duster and Adele, what other white girl pop star can actually SELL their music right now? Miley proved that she can’t even with a top ten Malibu. Those album sales are disastrous. Katy Perry is over and can no longer appeal to the general public anymore. Lady Gaga lost that spark and hasn’t been interesting in years hence her underwhelming album sales. Really, pop/urban music by urban/Hip Hop/R&B artists is the one that’s dominating right now.

“Katy Perry is over”… Katy Perry has never been an albums singer. It’s her singles that sell, not her albums. This most recent album simply lacked hit singles. We never know what future albums will be like.

Lady Gaga is doing her own non-mainstream thing right now, she doesn’t care much about commercial success as demonstrated by Joanne (which is still the best female album of the year). I wouldn’t call her sales disastrous. They’re simply not as good as Born This Way (which sold over 600k I believe in its first week, excluding amazon discount), but are still higher than any other female artist except Adele, Beyoncé & Taylor Swift.

If anything here are the top 5 of best-selling female artists:

1. Adele

2. Taylor Swift

3. Beyoncé

4. Lady Gaga

4. Rihanna

To me it doesn’t look like “white pop girls” are losing… lol

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats to Cardi B on her 3rd week at #1! Great to see the Top10 filled with Urban artists.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100

1. Cardi B – Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    2. Post Malone featuring 21 Savage – Rockstar
    3. J Balvin and Willy William featuring Beyonce – Mi Gente
    4. Logic featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
    5. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
    6. Portugal. The Man – Feel it Still
    7. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
    8. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
    9. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber – Despacito
    10. French Montana featuring Swae Lee – Unforgettable

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

“Bodak Yellow” is now the longest running solo female rap #1 in Hot 100 history and ties “Look What You Made Me Do” as the longest running female Hot 100 #1 of 2017 (3 weeks each).

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

“Katy Perry is over”… Katy Perry has never been an albums singer. It’s her singles that sell, not her albums. This most recent album simply lacked hit singles. We never know what future albums will be like. Lady Gaga is doing her own non-mainstream thing right now, she doesn’t care much about commercial success as demonstrated by Joanne (which is still the best female album of the year). I wouldn’t call her sales disastrous. They’re simply not as good as Born This Way (which sold over 600k I believe in its first week, excluding amazon discount), but are still higher than any other female artist except Adele, Beyoncé & Taylor Swift. If anything here are the top 5 of best-selling female artists: 1. Adele 2. Taylor Swift 3. Beyoncé 4. Lady Gaga 4. Rihanna To me it doesn’t look like “white pop girls” are losing… lol

LMFAOOOOOOO this is so dead. Katy Perry use bring out hit after hit and was a monster at the charts and now that nobody cares for her anymore, she flopped with all of her singles and her album despite massive promotion.

Joanne flopped too no matter which way Monsters try to steer it, it was not a big success at all. Still stuck at 500k and lol @ “doesn’t care much about mainstream” yet did heavy promo for Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons, the album and performed at the Superbowl. And it is so disrespectful to put Gaga above Rihanna.

ReplyCopy URL
    OJODIAMANTE
    Participant
    Topics:

Something new has happened: two songs in Spanish language in the Top 10 for the first time in history.

Billboard Hot 100

3. J Balvin and Willy William featuring Beyonce – Mi Gente
    9. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber – Despacito

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, gawd! @ Taylor Swift dropping.

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

The Top 4 songs are dreadful as fuck! Look What You Made Me Do deserves number one!

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100

1. Post Malone featuring 21 Savage – Rockstar
    2. Cardi B – Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
    3. Logic featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid – 1-800-273-8255
    4. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
    5. Portugal. The Man – Feel it Still
    6. J Balvin and Willy William featuring Beyonce – Mi Gente
    7. Sam Smith – Too Good at Goodbyes
    8. Imagine Dragons – Thunder
    9. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry
    10. French Montana featuring Swae Lee – Unforgettable

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone + #1 = YUCK.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the steaming era will bring a lot of urban/rap songs to #1. The streaming aspect favors those songs over pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised Mi Gente only fell three spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    RRaw
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the steaming era will bring a lot of urban/rap songs to #1. The streaming aspect favors those songs over pop.

Its not like it’s impossible to stream those pop songs

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone + #1 = YUCK.

Yes this is hands down the worst #1 in the entire 2017 chart run!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.