Home Forums Music Britney Spears – New Era – Glory out 8/26/16

Britney Spears – New Era – Glory out 8/26/16

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
  • mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Today, Britney Spears announced her 9th studio album, Glory, due out August 26th, 2016. Mark your calendars for the new era, kweens!

JonCan
    Participant
    Topics:

the album cover is disgusting

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there is already a Britney Spears thread.
    http://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/britney-spears-thread-pretty-girls-music-video-out-now/

Her new album will be D.O.A.

ReplyCopy URL
    ThisIsNotMyRealFace
    Participant
    Topics:

She needs to take an indefinite hiatus.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a lot of controversy regarding the “Make Me…” video. Essentially, the one that came out isn’t the original that was shot and teased to fans…it’s a shame because this video sucks.

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

“Private Show” sounds so good.  Britney has been showcasing her vocals well this era. I wonder if Glory has any chance getting any nominations for Pop Album and Pop Duo/Collaboration for “Make Me.”

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

“Just Luv Me” (produced by Cashmere Cat) is slowly leaking.

https://soundcloud.com/user-506529337/jlm

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really enjoying “Just Luv Me” so far. Her voice seems to be the main focus on the album, based on this preview, along with “Make Me” & “Private Show” and I hope it continues that way.

Some reviews for the latter:

“For the slinky song, Spears gives a soulful vocal performance and promises a “private show” for her lover. The Las Vegas performer promises to “twerk it” and “spin it” during the song’s chorus and peppers the verses with theatrical metaphors. “All my tricks, they’re spectacular/ My encore is immaculate,” she sings during the second verse. “
    -Rolling Stone

“It’s a bubbly, pole dance-inspired number built around a spiraling vocal hook and a clipped, “Work it, work it / Boy watch me work it / Slide down my pole / Watch me spin it and twerk it” chorus that sounds tailor-made for a Vegas show.”
    -SPIN

“Thankfully though, this latest track from Brit is definitely an “alone in front of your mirror, really ****ing feeling yourself” jam of the highest order. Seems like Britney’s felling herself, too, and she’s never sounded better.”
    -Paper Mag

“the full track proves to be even better as Spears returns to her seductive roots, singing about getting down on a pole and twerking behind the curtains over a doo wop-inspired backbeat produced by Young Fyre who has worked with T-Pain in the past.”
    -Complex

“It’s completely different from Britney hits of the past, but we love how much she’s growing and experimenting with her talent. Never before has Spears been so soulful. Glory marks the first studio album that Britney has released since 2013’s Britney Jean, so it’s great that she took the time to craft completely new material.”
    -Yahoo!

“Britney sounds sassier than she has in a long time as she demands “Boy, watch me work it / Slide down my pole, watch me spin and twerk it” in her signature baby voice that yips over a throwback-inspired beat. It’s strangely satisfying, particularly when Brit attempts gets a bit soulful with her delivery on the second chorus and on the chant-driven bridge.”
    -Fuse

“It brings together doo-wop, bubbly pop and some Gwen Stefani-esque chanting and blends it all together into something that’s definitely nothing like what we’ve heard from the girl who gave us “Lucky.”
    -Mashable
    “…sweet mercy, is it good. Brimming with the sort of bubble-bursting pop that makes you want to bathe in pure sugary goodness, the song is Britney in full-on strutting showgirl form. She’s back, you guys, and it feels so good.”
    -Bustle

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

Alas, she is back and performing at the VMA’s!

https://twitter.com/MTV/status/765625865682030592

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m attending her show on Saturday. Can’t wait to see the new material performed live.

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope you have fun! Let us know how it was. Apparently her performance of “Do You Wanna Come Over?” is one of the highlights and much better than “Make Me.”

ReplyCopy URL
    torontophenom
    Participant
    Topics:

Glory has leaked. I’m halfway through listening and I’m already thinking this is her best album since Blackout. Top 3 in her catalog. She actually gave a fuck this time around. The album sounds much more inspired and the quality is there. The vocal productions aren’t excessive as her flop album Britney Jean. I’ll give my track highlights in a bit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“Make Me” isn’t half bad. Okay Brit Brit, let’s see what you do at the VMAs this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    perfect
    Participant
    Topics:

The album is all types of spectacular. I was really hesitant to join this forum because Britney Jean was bad even though I’m one of those that wish for Britney to have a Grammy moment, speech and all.

Now that I’ve heard Glory I am so proud of what she has produced. A lot of it is very similar but new territory for her. It would be ashame if she doesn’t get any Grammy nominations for it. She deserves more than one trophy.

ReplyCopy URL
    torontophenom
    Participant
    Topics:

“Liar”, “Just Luv Me” or “Slumber Party” should be the next single. This album is amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.