Home Forums Music CHVRCHΞS thread (Every Open Eye drops 9/25)

CHVRCHΞS thread (Every Open Eye drops 9/25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

CHVRCHES is a Scottish band that has international fandom and acclaim for their mix of modern Indie Pop and 80’s Synthpop. Their first album The Bones of What You Believe was critically and commercial success and made them a muscial festival staple for the past few years.Their influence on pop music can be seen in recent releases by Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kelly Clarkson, St. Lucia and many more.

The trio have a new album coming out on September called Every Open Eye and its already getting rave reviews.

You can stream the album now on NPR: 
    http://www.npr.org/2015/09/20/439491238/first-listen-chvrches-every-open-eye 

Must Hear: “Playing Dead” 

mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

In LOVE with this album. Can’t stop listening. CHVRCHES just topped themselves with this new album. Obsessed.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

CHVRCHES were in Radio One’s Live Lounge yesterday, and they chose to cover Justin Bieber’s What Do You Mean.

But don’t be put off by the fact they covered that – they made it sound really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_e-wnWUVM4 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

<3

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are they releasing their album now? The Grammy deadline is less than a week away. If they released it earlier, they would’ve stood a chance in the General, Alternative, and Pop fields.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Because CHVRCHES aren’t Grammy chasers?

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Love this album! Would really love to see this album get some nominations. AOTY, wishful thinking.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just saying their rep in the indie community and music critics is pretty high. A better planned release date could give them more exposure at the Grammys.

The album is really good. I love almost every song. “Make them Gold” and “Follow You” are the only dissapointments. “Keep You On My Side”, “Clearest Blue” and “Playing Dead” are my favorites. Martin’s voice in “High Enough To Carr You Over” legitimately surprised me. His first outing on Bones wasn’t that great, but he did really well this time around.

They made intelligent pop music, but probably won’t be played on top 40 (in the US, they are on heavy rotation everywhere else).

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think they give a shit about the Grammys, as they shouldn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Here is a video of them performing on the Tonight Show, two years after their first ever television performance on Late Night with Fallon.

http://pitchfork.com/news/61468-chvrches-perform-leave-a-trace-on-the-tonight-show/

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think they give a shit about the Grammys, as they shouldn’t.

I understand what you’re saying. It would be nice if they were recognized. The album is great enough to enjoy even if it doesn’t get Grammy love.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats to CHVRCHES to getting their first US Top Ten (#8) debut with 38,000 copies for Every Open Eye! This is an uptick from the #12 debut of The Bones of What You Believe two years ago.
    This was a surprise! I thought Disclosure would finish ahead of them because of all of their featured vocalists. 

It also debuts at #1 on the Alternative and Rock Album Charts! (I can totally imagine Mike Shinoda sitting at his computer seething). 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Woohoo! Congratulations, CHVRCHES!

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Lauren recently told off someone at one of their shows that screamed, “MARRY ME!” and it went viral. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b4psaTcc8&nbsp;

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

CHVRCHES is releasing their new video for the best song off of Every Open Eye, Clearest Blue tomorrow at 7:55pm ET on MTV. I’m super excited.
    ICYMI here’s the video they made for Empty Threat off of the same album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHxwSp-6Og&nbsp;

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.