Home Forums Music CMA Awards (11/4): Early frontrunners?

CMA Awards (11/4): Early frontrunners?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Go here for the first piece of news about this year’s show. (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Benjamin Zachariah Wilner
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though it’s early but I’m doing my predictions for this year’s CMA Nominees:

ENTERTAINER:

* Jason Aldean
    * Garth Brooks
    * Luke Bryan
    * Kenny Chesney
    * Florida Georgia Line

Alternate Choice: Miranda Lambert or Little Big Town

MALE VOCALIST:

* Jason Aldean
    * Dierks Bentley
    * Luke Bryan
    * Eric Church
    * Blake Shelton

Alternate Choice: Kenny Chesney or Keith Urban

FEMALE VOCALIST:

* Kelsea Ballarini
    * Brandy Clark
    * Miranda Lambert
    * Kacey Musgraves
    * Carrie Underwood

Alternate Choice: Reba or Lee Ann Womack

VOCAL GROUP:

* A Thousand Horses
    * Lady Antebellum
    * Little Big Town
    * Rascal Flatts
    * Zac Brown Band

Alternate Choice: The Band Perry or Eli Young Band

VOCAL DUO:

* Big and Rich
    * Brothers Osbourne
    * Florida Georgia Line
    * Maddie and Tae
    * The Swon Brothers

Alternate Choice: Dan and Shay or Thompson Square

NEW ARTIST:

* Kelsea Ballarini
    * Sam Hunt
    * Maddie and Tae
    * Thomas Rhett
    * Cole Swindell

Alternate Choice: Frankie Ballard or Chase Rice

ALBUM:

* The Big Revival by Kenny Chesney
    * Man Against Machine by Garth Brooks
    * Old Boots, New Dirt by Jason Aldean
    * Pageant Material by Kacey Musgraves
    * Pain Killer
     by Little Big Town

Alternative Choice: Jeryll and Hyde by Zac Brown Band, Anything Goes by Florida Georgia Line or Montevallo by Sam Hunt

SONG:

* “American Kids” by Kenny Chesney
    * “Biscuits” by Kacey Musgraves
    * “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town
    * “She Don’t Love You” by Eric Paslay
    * “Something In The Water” by Carrie Underwood

Alternate Choice: “Dirt” by Florida Georgia Line or “Wild Child” by Kenny Chesney with Grace Potter

SINGLE:

* “Dirt” by Florida Georgia Line
    * “Wild Child” by Kenny Chesney with Grace Potter

Alternate Choice: “Biscuits” by Kacey Musgraves, “Raise ‘Em Up” by Keith Urban and Eric Church or “Take Your Time” by Sam Hunt

MUSICAL EVENT:

* “Diamond Rings and Old Barstools” by Tim McGraw with Catherine Dunn
    * “Lonely Tonight” by Blake Shelton feat. Ashley Monroe
    * “Raise ‘Em Up” by Keith Urban and Eric Church
    * “Smokin’ and Drinkin'” by Miranda Lambert with Little Big Town
    * “Wild Child” by Kenny Chesney with Grace Potter

Alternate Choice: “The South” by The Cadilac Three feat. Florida Georgia Line, Dierks Bentley and Mike Eli or “His Hands” by Jennifer Nettles and Brandy Clark.

MUSIC VIDEO:

* “Biscuits” by Kacey Musgraves
    * “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” by Glen Campbell

Alternate Choice: “Little Red Wagon” by Miranda Lambert or “Take Your Time” by Sam Hunt 

That’s it! 

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I’d love to see Eric Paslay get that Song of the Year award if nothing else was possible for him because “She Don’t Love You” couldn’t have been anymore country. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, he should most definitely be in there for the Best New Artist award, but of course there have been other new acts who have done better than him on the radio this past year. (shaking my head)

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely!! What are your predictions?

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

To me “Girl Crush” was one of the best written songs of the past decade I fully expect it to grab Song and Single of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely!! What are your predictions?

I am predicting that we will once again be stuck with Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood as the show hosts. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, its time for someone else to have a turn.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Go
    here[/URL]
    to see who will be hosting the CMA award show this year. Sadly even a
    good barbecue is bound to have a mosquito here and there. (shaking my
    head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Go [URL=http://www.cmt.com/news/1756641/theyre-back-brad-paisley-carrie-underwood-will-return-to-host-cma-awards/][b]here[/b][/URL] to see who will be hosting the CMA award show this year. Sadly even a good barbecue is bound to have a mosquito here and there. (shaking my head)

Well, I for one am thrilled Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley were asked to return this year as hosts. Those two make a super dynamic and entertaining team and have simply killed it every year they’ve hosted so far (an amazing track record of which any host with an awards show audience this magnitude should be extremely proud). Alone the fact that they’ve come back year after year and been able to sustain a three-hour-long live music awards show with just the right balance of comedy, satire and plenty of country music fun is all the more reason why they are the best choice as hosts of the CMAs.
    I’m already very much looking forward to what they’ve got in store for us come November!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadu335
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think bringing Brad and Carrie back to the CMAs is a bad thing, especially after having to go through Blake and Luke Bryan as ACM hosts the last couple of years…

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”James Otto Sweet Heart”]
    Go [URL=http://www.cmt.com/news/1756641/theyre-back-brad-paisley-carrie-underwood-will-return-to-host-cma-awards/][b]here[/b][/URL] to see who will be hosting the CMA award show this year. Sadly even a good barbecue is bound to have a mosquito here and there. (shaking my head)

Well, I for one am thrilled Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley were asked to return this year as hosts. Those two make a super dynamic and entertaining team and have simply killed it every year they’ve hosted so far (an amazing track record of which any host with an awards show audience this magnitude should be extremely proud). Alone the fact that they’ve come back year after year and been able to sustain a three-hour-long live music awards show with just the right balance of comedy, satire and plenty of country music fun is all the more reason why they are the best choice as hosts of the CMAs.
    I’m already very much looking forward to what they’ve got in store for us come November!

[/quote]
    Last year sealed the deal for me that I am ready to see the last of them both as hosts. I never went for Carrie and then came last year’s show where the smile on Brad’s face in my opinion was the smile of man who’s only intention was to tick off as many people as he could as if it was something that he took great pleasure in doing. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am the first to admit that I don’t hesitate in saying certain things either, but I never say them with the sheer and severe intention of ticking off other people. I say what I say because it is who I am, where I stand, what I believe, etc. and nothing more.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”alokin326″]

[quote=”James Otto Sweet Heart”]

[/quote]
    Last year sealed the deal for me that I am ready to see the last of them both as hosts. I never went for Carrie and then came last year’s show where the smile on Brad’s face in my opinion was the smile of man who’s only intention was to tick off as many people as he could as if it was something that he took great pleasure in doing. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am the first to admit that I don’t hesitate in saying certain things either, but I never say them with the sheer and severe intention of ticking off other people. I say what I say because it is who I am, where I stand, what I believe, etc. and nothing more.
    [/quote]

I see your point, but I highly doubt that with the delivery of his jokes, Paisley was deliberately trying to be mean-spirited, simply with that intention in mind. Was there a specific remark of his that you found particularly offensive? Because as far as I can recall, there wasn’t an instance where I found myself thinking he really overstepped the line. And even then, I think it just goes with the territory of being an awards show host. Ask any comedian or any of the Oscars hosts of years past, and they’ll probably tell you that when you’re up there on stage, you have to be willing to take risks and be able to push the envelope. Those are the true markings of a memorable host as opposed to one that will perhaps be long forgotten by the time the following year’s awards show rolls around.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I don’t remember Vince Gill ever going out of his way to be like the rest when he was up there hostinfg the show. I love that he did things his own way by hosting the show with class and maturity. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Acutally, I might see Brooks and Dunn to get in the Vocal Duo category.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I’d love to see that too, I miss them so much! (smiles)

God bless you and Kix and Ronnie always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    stuffy
    Participant
    Topics:

Who are the front runners? Well you can start by finding out who belongs to WME and Live Nation. The country awards are all about block voting and politics.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Reply To: CMA Awards (11/4): Early frontrunners?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.