Could Purpose by Justin Bieber grab an Album of the Year nomination in 2017?

Home // Forums // Music // Could Purpose by Justin Bieber grab an Album of the Year nomination in 2017?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s think about next year’s Grammys.
    Negative feelings aside, I think this kid released an album worthy of an AOTY nomination. I mean if The END, Teenage Dream, and LOUD got in why can’t the Beibs? He has multiple smash hits to back him up. Thoughts?

Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I thought we already discussed this.  #ConfusedAgain

No.  Justin Bieber will not receive an AOTY nom.  Duh!  His buzz and sales will have faded by September.  Plus, a slew of more worthier albums will be released by the end of the eligibility period. 

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Hell to the no. No way in hell. He won’t and never will.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year? No. Song of the Year for “Love Yourself”, against all odds… I think he has a chance for that.

ReplyCopy URL
    pablozedd
    Participant
    Topics:

I cam here to say that the Grammy have had nominated the albums you mentioned… So I think its a possibility, though there’s still lot of albums to come out untill there

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not ruling it out. It’s been a massively commercially successful album and if “Sorry” and “Love Yourself” sustain momentum in the next 6 months (“Sorry” is a SUMMER jam after all, funny that it’s topping the Billboard in January), then I wouldn’t rule it out.

At the very least he’ll get Pop nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    glamorous
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see him getting an AOTY nom even though he’s had a lot of success with the album so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Propbably not, but hey The End, Loud, Teenage Dream & Doo Wops Hooligans did. So pretty pretty up in the air

ReplyCopy URL
    YoungSoo1313
    Blocked
    Topics:

To this date I’d put it on my AOTY predictions for next year. As you mentioned overly produced pop records like Loud or Teenage Dream have made up the line-up. This is the kind of commercial pop album that sometimes gets an AOTY nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think they’ll give him the nod for AOTY.
    However think he could be a frontrunner for Pop Album. It’ll be interesting if Revival and Purpose both get in that category. The headlines would write themselves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Steph_Bello
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys have been VERY stingy with nominations for Justin Bieber despite his level of fame and his undeniable talent (only THREE nominations so far). I think this is due to his reputation in the industry (similar to Ariana Grande who is also very talented but has only been nominated twice because everyone knows she’s an asshole) and I don’t think he’s done a big enough mea culpa for him to land an Album of the Year nod. He’ll get a Pop Album nod and, depending on how how strong the competition is, maybe a Pop Solo Performance nod. That’s it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

The Grammys have been VERY stingy with nominations for Justin Bieber despite his level of fame and his undeniable talent (only THREE nominations so far). I think this is due to his reputation in the industry (similar to Ariana Grande who is also very talented but has only been nominated twice because everyone knows she’s an asshole) and I don’t think he’s done a big enough mea culpa for him to land an Album of the Year nod. He’ll get a Pop Album nod and, depending on how how strong the competition is, maybe a Pop Solo Performance nod. That’s it. 

You lost me at ”undeniable talent”… 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Could Purpose by Justin Bieber grab an Album of the Year nomination in 2017?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.