Grammys (2/15/16): Frontrunners so far

Home // Forums // Music // Grammys (2/15/16): Frontrunners so far

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,017 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Just like last year I think it’s time to start discussing next years Grammys. We’re 2 months into the eligibility calender already and we have a few frontrunners already.

Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

1989 is obviously going to be a AOTY and Best Pop Vocal Album nominee. If Adele releases an album next year, she will get a lot of noms.

Foo Fighters’ Sonic Highways will be nominated and likely win Best Rock Album.

If Kanye releases an album next year he will likely win Best Rap Album next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

Sonic Highways has been very underwhelming though. Foo Fighters can be easily overshadowed. 

I think Taylor Swift is already the frontrunner for AOTY and Pop Vocal Album, and I could honestly see “Blank Space” getting into SOTY. 

Hozier could get into AOTY if Hozier remains relevant throughout the year. 

Looking forward to new albums from Kanye, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Adele, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson, Corinne Bailey Rae, J Cole, etc. I’m also hoping for new releases from Florence + the Machine and Bon Iver. Should be a very exciting year!

ReplyCopy URL
    syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

If Nas releases new material, it would be nice to finally see him win a Grammy. Maybe he should record a track with Alison Krauss.

ReplyCopy URL
    wehan6
    Participant
    Topics:
    • Taylor is so getting into AOTY and Best Pop Vocal Album.She’ll probably get into Pop Solo Performance for ”Blank Spance” but that’s it so far.Wouldn’t go as far to say she”ll get into ROTY/SOTY because there is still a lot of songs to be released.
    • Adele will also get a lot of nominations.
    • Uptown Funk will get into Pop Duo/Group.
    • Nicki will probably get into Best Rap Album
    ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

If Nas releases new material, it would be nice to finally see him win a Grammy. Maybe he should record a track with Alison Krauss.

I don’t believe that there is a person on this planet that Alison has said “No.” to. May she, LeAnn Rimes and my most favorite singer James Otto release new albums to submitt for the next Grammy show! (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 20 years now)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    slh315
    Topics:

Is there anyone besides Adele and Rihanna releasing next year that could be Grammy bait? Obviously new artists will come, but just wondering if there is an album coming that could really dominate the Grammys?

Right now all I have is 1989 for AOTY and Pop Vocal Album. Blank Space could probably get in some noms, or whatever her next single is.

Sonic Highways, though a little underwhelming, could get some nods, especially in Rock.

If nothing REALLY deserving comes out, I could actually see Swift getting a rare second AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    slh315
    Topics:

I think Adele’s 25 could be like Norah Jones’ Feels Like Home, it’ll sell really well, it’ll get Grammy love, but it won’t be as big. I love Adele, and I’m sure 25 will slay, but yeah.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY frontrunner is Taylor Swift. Adele’s 25 obviously just because it’s Adele. I don’t see Foo Fighters getting in just because like others have said, it’s been a very underwhelming album (i.e. not very good) compared to their past efforts, although it has a unique, distinct story behind it. If Nicki Minaj’s The Pink Print blows up, I could see it being a contender outside of the Rap Field. Voters already nominated ‘Anaconda’ and the album’s tracklist seems pretty stacked with great collabs/potential smash records.

Hozier could continue on the momentum from ‘Take Me to Church”s recent success and nomination and get another nomination.

“Uptown Funk” will likely gain some traction in 2015, and Bruno Mars will likely ride that train until he releases his own new single/album in 2015. I also expect a new Rihanna album in 2015, which will definitely get a few nominations, as well as a Katy Perry re-release of Prism with a few new songs.

Other than, I hope some new artists bring the heat!

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I would actually prefer if Taylor got in with “Style” it’s a much better song than Blank Space. And I actually see it doing very well next summer.

“Style” for Record, Song and Pop Solo
    1988 for Album and Pop Vocal Album.
    And I actually could see a very sick music video to go along with Style. So submit that to Best Music Video.

This is if “Style” gets released as a single.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Not another Taylor Swift thread. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Not another Taylor Swift thread. 

Not another stupid comment from Gucci….

ReplyCopy URL
    AroundU
    Topics:

Taylor and Adele are already frontrunners.

Off the top of my head FYC…

Kendrick, Drake, Nicki, J.Cole, Kanye?,
    Kelly Clarkson, Florence & the Machine, Bruno Mars, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sande, Meghan Trainor (if shes still around)
    Coldplay, Muse
    Bjork
    Rihanna, Frank Ocean, Mark Ronson

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t at you people calling Adele a front runner. Can you just focus on the artists that have already released this eligibility period. Wait until you actually hear the material.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Just some I know of that could be big contenders next grammys:
    1)Taylor Swift – 1989 (Especially Blank Space)
    2) Iggy has Reeclassified coming out and it has 5 new songs.
    3) Shady XV
    4) Adele
    5) Kelly Clarkson
    6) Guns N Roses       

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,017 total)
Reply To: Grammys (2/15/16): Frontrunners so far

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.