Home Forums Music Mumford and Sons Thread BABEL 9/25 (600k opening week)

Mumford and Sons Thread BABEL 9/25 (600k opening week)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

New album, 12 tracks, released Sept 24!

Babel
    Whispers in the Dark
    I Will Wait
    Holland Road
    Ghosts That We Knew
    Lover of the Light
    Lovers’ Eyes
    Reminder
    Hopeless Wanderer
    Broken Grown
    Below My Feet
    Not With Haste 

mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammy Best Rock Album nominee 2013, anyone? I can see it. Depending on what singles are released and how successful they are, I can see a possible GF nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    TWC
    Topics:

I think Mumford and Sons are in a very good position to be hard for the NARAS to ignore. They are one of the few current rock acts who are actually selling records and making noise. I have a feeling that Babel will be criticized by many for being too much like Sigh no More, but I think reviews will be solid and sales will be impressive. So unless this album is a complete bomb, Mumford should score a handful of nods, at least in the rock field. 

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with all of the above. If the album exceeds expectations, they’ll be winning multiple Grammys this February. The rock genre is extremely underwhelming right now so the field is wide open.

M&S will be the Black Keys’ biggest competition in the rock field and GF. I doubt both acts will score AOTY nods.

ReplyCopy URL
    st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kS8RTRi7HA

Here it is! It doesn’t stray far from what they usually do, but it has an energy to it that will bring the fans along. It’s going to be a killer September for music!

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

Yeah, it sounds exactly like some of their other tracks, but I think they’ll be able to get by on this album by just doing the same sound as before.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, it sounds exactly like Sigh No More, but that album launched them into worldwide fame. I love it. I cannot wait for September, so many great albums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

The song is fantastic!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the overall production elevates the song here. The melody and lyrics here are average at best compared to the better songs on Sigh No More. Here’s an interview with one of the members from Rolling Stone; it sounds like they may be expanding a bit with some of the other tracks:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-mumford-sons-ted-dwane-on-babel-summer-tour-20120808  

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

Damn! They could very well be last minute nominees for AOTY grammy! I see rock/alternative genre being so rewarded in the GF…

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“I Will Wait” is really good. Very Mumford-y and something that could easily mesh with anything from “Sigh No More.” That’s not going to please some people, but whatever. Wonderful song.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an album that could potentially become my first Itunes purchase. From the overhype “LoneStar” series came this music that I really liked. Did online research and found about this amazing band. Folksy but they are from the UK. Glad that “Sigh No More” did well w/the Grammys and I am looking forward to this. “I Will Wait” is a beautiful song, so I am pumped.

ReplyCopy URL
    st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Leaked.

Listening as I type. I’ve still been reading of predictions somewhere around 400k for its first week. 

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

^Can you please message me a link??? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

I seriously dont care if it sounds exactly like sigh no more, hell…give more of that! Cant believe they didnt score a best album nomination (at the grammys) given all the love for cave no more, althought I wasnt really expecting they did, it was a loooong shot but at least a best rock album nomination would´ve been nice.

Dont know if there is another MaS thread that isnt about babel so I´ll post here ; If I´m right, they ARE eligible for an oscar nomination for the Brave song they contributed to, if they are…does anyone think they have a shot at a nomination? Think about it: Brave is pixar and its good so given pixar´s history that means it´ll do good at the oscars, probably winning animated feature and those movie often score nominations AND wins in the original song category so its very viable that brave enters that category….what do you guys think cause it would be AWE-some…..!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Mumford and Sons Thread BABEL 9/25 (600k opening week)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.