Home Forums Music Official Madonna Thread (Preorder ‘Rebel Heart’ Out 3/10, 6 Songs on iTunes now!!)

Official Madonna Thread (Preorder ‘Rebel Heart’ Out 3/10, 6 Songs on iTunes now!!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard confirmed in a recent article that The Queen of Pop will be returning in 2015. 

Here’s a list of collaborators so far:
    -Diplo
    -Avicii
    -Natalia Kills
    -MoZella 
    -Sia
    -Alicia Keys 
    -A$AP Ferg 
    -S1
    -Martin Kierszenbaum
    -Ariel Rechtshaid

Confirmed Tracks:
    “Messiah” (Clip)
    “Unapologetic” (Rumored) (Clip)

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

MADONNA AND SIA TOGETHER OH MY GOD YES. She looks like she is really going EDM this album. Cause she’s “hip” 

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m more amped for Madonna x Diplo. He’s said to have produced the majority of the album. His work with M.I.A. and Usher are some of my favorites so I know this will be great.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

this link probably will be dead within some minutes/hours, but here’s the Rebel Heart song that leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSK2FNSJXEw.

sounds pretty great…

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The lyrical content is great. I can’t wait for the new album/tour. Madonna will always be the Queen. 

UPDATE: A 2nd track has leaked called “Wash All Over Me”. It’s excellent. Sounds like a left over from Confessions

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

I LOVE “Rebel Heart.” Long live the Queen. 

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The entire album leaked. Whoever did this is going down 

ReplyCopy URL
    Mrs. Doolittle
    Participant
    Topics:

“Living for Love” is absolutely amazing! It is miles better than anything on MDNA! Sounds like a modern retro take from her Shep Pettibone days. Her vocals are absolutely perfection too! Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

You can listen to 6 official tracks that Madonna released today over at Spin: http://www.spin.com/articles/madonna-rebel-heart-itunes-surprise-album-stream/

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

“Living for Love” is cute, but on all the songs the extreme auto-tune and voice layering grates. 

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The entire album is out March 10th! She’s definitely performing at the GRAMMYS!!

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get the autotune use on these songs, it’s just too much on Living for Love (gimmicky, just wanting to create the token “fun song everybody can dance to”), Unapologetic Bitch (i liked it) and Bitch I’m Madonna (meh…maybe…). I’m sure Illuminati will be the “skip song” of the album.

I liked Ghosttown and Devil Pray. Maybe it’s the lack of autotune. I’m curious to see where Devil Pray ends up on the track list because it’s “that song” in the middle that is on the other recent albums, sounds very Miles Away, Love Profusion and so on. Sounds good. The vocals on both sound great.

This was a very risky move because all she needed to do was complain about the leak like she did and leave it at that. Wait until the album is ready to be released. But she did this and now she will be judged on 6 tracks before the album comes out 3 months from now. Makes no sense to me, but at least the songs are good/nice/respectable/great. Nothing too embarrassing, I might not have liked one or two, but I can’t say they’re the worst songs ever.

Does it sound better than MDNA? Probably yes, I don’t remember much about that album except the singles. Never liked MDNA.

The cover is great.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

The first drop in “Bitch I’m Madonna” came out of nowhere and I love it.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally listened to all six tracks. My mom is a huge Madonna fan, but as someone who didn’t really grow up in “her era” (songs like “Music” and “Ray of Light” were big when I was younger, but in my formative years of musical taste, she’s been largely off my radar save “Hung Up,” a near-perfect song), I’m interested in what I hear. This could have easily been Madonna making music that sounds like she’s trying to fit into the current EDM/dance-pop scene, but instead, the songs seem less like knockoffs and more the real deal. I guess with Diplo and Avicii, among countless others, on these tracks, that helps. For me, “Illuminati” is the weakest track and the Diplo tracks are the best (still not over “Bitch I’m Madonna”). “Devil Pray” is lyrically very cool, and the drop in “Unapologetic Bitch” is killer. I’m interested to see the response to these tracks and this album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor thing hasn’t had a decent song in almost 15 years. I wish her luck though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.