Home Forums Music Song of the Summer 2012

Song of the Summer 2012

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

As we approach the end of June, it’s becoming pretty obvious what songs are gonna smash this summer, but it’s always interesting to hear other people’s opinions. Looking at the Billboard charts and iTunes charts, I’d say that these songs are our current frontrunners:

Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
    Wide Awake – Katy Perry
    Lights – Ellie Goulding
    Titanium – David Guetta feat. Sia
    Scream – Usher
    Back In Time – Pitbull
    Where Have You Been – Rihanna
    Brokenhearted – Karmin

All of these songs are on the rise currently. As for potential bubbling hits…:

One More Night – Maroon 5 (just hit iTunes this week, many are saying it is catchier than Payphone, and it’s kinda funky-sounding)
    The Fighter – Gym Class Heroes (not the normal kind of summer song, but given their success with Stereo Hearts and Ass Back Home, I won’t count this song out)
    Want U Back – Cher Lloyd (I have a lot of friends who are getting obsessed with this song and she’s climbing up the iTunes charts pretty fast, not to mention a Billboard debut last week)
    Some Nights – fun. (The trick is seeing whether or not radio goes for this song; it doesn’t scream “mainstream,” but it’s undeniable and could simply get a good amount of spins just because of We Are Young)
    All Around the World OR Beauty and a Beat OR As Long As You Love Me – Justin Bieber (Biebz is releasing a summer single after some success with Boyfriend, and the teenage girls are just gonna eat it up, but as of now, there are three songs that are most likely in contention to be the next single; All Around the World was the best-selling promo single for the album and it’s a collaboration with Ludacris, who he did Baby with; Beauty and a Beat is the best-selling track from the album on iTunes and features rap queen Nicki Minaj; As Long As You Love Me has been rumored to be the next single after being released as a promo single; regardless, we should not count out Bieber)
    One Thing – One Direction (Their first single blew up and this one has already been getting constant spins at my local station)
    Pound the Alarm – Nicki Minaj (Although her fans do not like this single choice, the song is in the same vein as Starships and could do wonders for her)
    Good Time – Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen (just released on Sound Cloud, coming to iTunes June 26th, it sounds like a cool summer jam, plus it features radio princess Carly Rae Jepsen; the song, like Jepsen’s first single, is immediately catchy and has an easy chorus)

Not to mention that there are some tracks we won’t see until the beginning of July (off the top of my head, No Doubt and Pink are both releasing their first singles from their new albums in the beginning of the hottest month).

But what are your thoughts? Is the song of the summer already gracing the Top 10? Is it one listed below? Maybe it’s so far off the radar, it hasn’t been listed here. Have we even heard the song of the summer? Discuss! 

JOSHUA
    Participant
    Topics:

Call Me Maybe is by far the frontrunner, with Wide Awake not that far behind.

Personally, I would want Scream, Lights, or whatever Pink releases to be the song of the summer. If anything One Direction, Nicki Minaj, or Rihanna releases manages to become song of the summer, somebody is going to get stabbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    blueprint
    Participant
    Topics:

why are Lights and Titanium peaking now anyway? These songs are over a year old.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m baffled over the success of “Wide Awake.” I hate the direction Nicki went in with “Pound the Alarm,” but it’s catchy and bound to be a hit as well.
    I hope “Lights” and “Some Nights” smash.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

To me, “Pontoon” from Little Big Town is this year’s summer song in country music. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    iskolar
    Participant
    Topics:

Call Me Maybe by a mile. Everyone’s making a video of it.

ReplyCopy URL
    JOSHUA
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you get when you bring together two to-be one-hit wonders and have them collaborate on a fun and sunny pop tune? THE SONG OF THE FREAKIN’ SUMMER.

BEHOLD: OWL CITY AND CARLY RAE JEPSEN “GOOD TIME”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agluuflcpos

It’s not perfect, but you get the biggest guilty pleasure feel from it. I actually sorta-kinda like it. Apparently America is too. It’s currently #3 on iTunes.

Whatcha think? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

“Call Me Maybe” is absolutely the song of the summer. It’s crossed over from being just a big hit to a pop culture phenom. Nothing will come close to touching it.

Yeah, “Good Time” is totally stupid and simplistic, but it’s also very catchy. It’s not going to be the song of the summer, but it’s a great summer bubblegum song. 

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

“Call Me Maybe” has become a massive success but it’s starting to get a little annoying. I hope it isn’t the only huge hit for summer 2012.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

But aren’t all “Songs of the Summer” supposed to be annoying and played out in your brains? I acan’t remember any song of the summer not being annoying. Once a song get’s over played and it’s everywhere it’s bound to get on people’s nerves. I love Carly Rae. she’s the flavor of the month.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

‘Boyfriend’ sang by justin biebar 

Watch Hart of Dixie Online 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    simali
    Topics:

IF Jojo (anyone remember her?) can get some more traction with Demonstrate she could have a good R&B summer song similar to kelly rowland’s motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPQOuDLU6s&feature=related

ReplyCopy URL
    Starbright
    Topics:

^^DANG!!!! Now, that is a hot jam right there. It’s so mature and fresh sounding, especially coming from JOJO. I did not really LOVE the song until I played the third play. THIS IS the type of stuff JOJO needs to be doing, leave the bland pop music to the girls who can’t sing, This is song is JOJO to the core. LOVE IT, thanks for sharing. I pray this girl can get some traction with this song. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.