Song Of The Summer 2014

Home // Forums // Music // Song Of The Summer 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

I’m surprised there’s not a thread about this yet! Summer officially starts on Saturday, but we’ve probably already heard the Song Of The Summer. For this week’s ET Canada Soundoff, I broke down some of the major contenders for the title (you can watch here: http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_101083/et-canada-soundoff-what-will-be-2014s-song-of-the-summer/music/), but is Goldderby choosing as the best of the season? 
    Can anything top “Fancy? 

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

“Fancy” is a really dumb song… but that bass.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

I wrote an article on this for my blog a few weeks ago: http://emcentertainment.blogspot.com/2014/06/song-of-summer-2014-june-edition-summer.html?m=1

I’m expecting Fancy and Problem to dominate the summer, but Rude is gunning for that top spot now with impressive digital sales and an 8-3 jump on the Billboard Hot 100. Stay With Me is peaking at just the right time to be the slow jam of the summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Ain’t it fun could be a contender for SotS.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

What It Will Be: Fancy vs. Problem

What It Should Be: Caribou – Can’t Do Without You

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“Fancy” has surprising legs. I’ll vote for that, but there’s a good ways to go still, and summer hasn’t even officially began yet lol. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

Problem over Fancy. I guess Problem has more of a anthem???

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

“Problem” is pretty catchy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

”Fancy” has surprising legs. I’ll vote for that, but there’s a good ways to go still, and summer hasn’t even officially began yet lol. 

It officially starts today! And as we mentioned in the piece, “Blurred Lines” was released in March and “Get Lucky” was released in April…so chances are we’ve already heard the song that will be the Song Of The Summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    nlly9116
    Participant
    Topics:

The Songs of Summer 2014 will be (in order):

1. Fancy
    2. Problem
    3. Rude

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is releasing a second single already!! The next single is called “Break Free” and it’s her collaboration with Zedd. It’s due July 2nd. Ariana said her team didn’t want her to release a second single so fast after “Problem,” but she’s doing it anyway. This could be a bad move. “Problem” has not hit its peak yet, and it would be sad to see this new song steal its thunder. Surely, someone higher up could’ve convinced Grande that she’d have a #1 song if she waited patiently. Two new songs back to back will surely hurt one of them, and the hype around this next track is almost as big as it was around “Problem.” Someone at Billboard has already heard the track and called it “massive,” but I don’t think it’s a smart move pushing this song when “Problem” still has a shot at #1 and is already one of the biggest songs of the summer. It would be another thing if “Problem” flopped, and while I’m excited for new music from her, this isn’t a good move.

That said, “Fancy” will reign for a few more weeks, and I think “Rude” has a shot at #1 at some point this summer. Heck, Sam Smith might even get to #1 if the song has legs. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the big songs of the summer (minus “Wiggle”…we won’t even discuss that one). 

ReplyCopy URL
    King Loso
    Participant
    Topics:

This is surprising move considering “Problem” was only released about 6-8 weeks ago and is still growing. I wouldn’t recommend a 2nd single so soon, unless its a totally different format as Rihanna (“What’s My Name”/”Only Girl in the World”) & Beyonce (“If I Were A Boy”/”Single Ladies”) have done in the past.

ReplyCopy URL
    sarat Varanasi
    Topics:

Judging from the Instagram of her in a mettalic suit and the song is with Zedd, I think it will be an EDM-pop song. Still boggles my mind that Problem didn’t come and go like “The Way” did, eventhough the latter is much better.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Fancy 

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is releasing a second single already!! The next single is called “Break Free” and it’s her collaboration with Zedd. It’s due July 2nd. Ariana said her team didn’t want her to release a second single so fast after “Problem,” but she’s doing it anyway. This could be a bad move. “Problem” has not hit its peak yet, and it would be sad to see this new song steal its thunder. Surely, someone higher up could’ve convinced Grande that she’d have a #1 song if she waited patiently. Two new songs back to back will surely hurt one of them, and the hype around this next track is almost as big as it was around “Problem.” Someone at Billboard has already heard the track and called it “massive,” but I don’t think it’s a smart move pushing this song when “Problem” still has a shot at #1 and is already one of the biggest songs of the summer. It would be another thing if “Problem” flopped, and while I’m excited for new music from her, this isn’t a good move. 

Terrible move. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Song Of The Summer 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.