Home Forums Music Song of the Summer 2015

Song of the Summer 2015

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Just a fun little thread to discuss potential smash hits for summer 2015. I’ll kick it off with discussing the chances of three songs that I think could be the “Song of the Summer.”

— “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon: The song has been a slow build, but its crossover from alternative radio to mainstream top 40 has been very successful with a recent peak at #7 on the Hot 100. The song is beyond catchy and feels like a summer hit, and as it continues to rise at radio and be a hot seller digitally, as well as a plum performance spot on “The Voice” on 5/12, it should continue to rise in the next few weeks.

— “Want to Want Me” by Jason DeRulo: Another song that feels like an instant hit (and this is coming from someone that has hated a majority of the songs DeRulo has released in the past few years). It just hit the top ten on the Hot 100, and it will definitely continue to rise. Again, this feels like a summer hit and DeRulo has a decent track record of recent.

— “Honey I’m Good” by Andy Grammer: A heck of an earworm for a chorus and a feel good song that is just about to blow up. Grammer has been doing a lot of promo for the song and it’s starting to pay off as it blows up digitally and creeps just outside the top ten on the Hot 100.

Feel free to list other songs that you think could take the crown, whether they’ve been around for a while or they’re brand new releases. I’ll be back and updating as well! 

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

For the indie rock stations I would hope George Ezra releases “Stand By Your Gun”. It has a very summery feel to it 

Rihanna might release a good song soon that will be a hit for the summer

When ever Adele feels good and ready, i’ll expect her song to be extra popular

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

A song I heard and actually quite liked, and sounds like it could become a sleeper hit, is by new artist Tori Kelly and it’s called “Nobody Love”. It’s quite catchy, and she has a good voice. Video here: http://youtu.be/MPX3qz1ve7M

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

The song of the summer has not been released yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Songs to watch out for: 

LunchMoney Lewis – Bills
    The marmite hit of the summer. You will either love it or hate it. I am part of the former group, not that I entirely know why, but there is something about it.  

Galantis – Runaway (U & I)
    Big dance hit. Probably going to be the biggest dance hit of the summer, to be heard at all the clubs/dance compilations/on radio constantly.  

Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You
    I really really really really really really like this song.  Could well be the pop song of the summer. 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with what was previously said: the song of the summer hasn’t been released yet.

“Want to Want Me” will definitely continue to rise and will be a factor during the summer.

Curious to hear Britney and Iggy’s collab “Pretty Girls”

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

It’ll be ‘I Don’t Like It, I Love It’ by Flo Rida ft. Robin Thicke.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Songs to watch out for: 

LunchMoney Lewis – Bills
    The marmite hit of the summer. You will either love it or hate it. I am part of the former group, not that I entirely know why, but there is something about it.  

Galantis – Runaway (U & I)
    Big dance hit. Probably going to be the biggest dance hit of the summer, to be heard at all the clubs/dance compilations/on radio constantly.  

Carly Rae Jepsen – I Really Like You
    I really really really really really really like this song.  Could well be the pop song of the summer. 

I have heard “Bills” somewhere before, but I can’t remember where. It could be a Macklemore-type “hip-hop” hit for the summer. I listened to “Runaway” and it does sound like a big hit. I don’t know who Galantis is, but I might want to check more out by them now. I said “I Really Like You” had a chance at being a smash when it first came out, but it’s kind of stalled and isn’t accelerating too fast, so that’ll have to change if it wants to be a hit. It’s an instant earworm and totally fits the mold for summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    aliyah
    Topics:

Hey Mama- this would be nicki minaj summer. Hey mama is already top 20 on Billboard and top 10 on itunes without a video. She easily has it and The Night Is Still Young is already at #251 and #995 with a 5M AI really impressive because it continues gaining. She would most likely have a double banger this summer

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

You have “Bad Blood” to that might get some attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Britney & Iggy – “Pretty Girls”

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

I was under the impression that when Sam Smith released “Like I Can” as a single in the winter, it was in both the US and UK. Apparently that is not the case, and his label is pushing it at US radio now, which is a smart decision because it’s his most “summer-y” song. He could easily get a big push with this one, especially if he was able to dominate last summer with “Stay With Me,” a much slower and non-traditional summer song.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

A song I heard and actually quite liked, and sounds like it could become a sleeper hit, is by new artist Tori Kelly and it’s called “Nobody Love”. It’s quite catchy, and she has a good voice. Video here: http://youtu.be/MPX3qz1ve7M%5B/quote%5D

I’ve been listening to this song as well, and I agree it could definitely become a hit. It seems like the label is really pushing her, not to mention the song is very good. There are parts that sound like Ariana Grande’s “Problem,” and we know that song was a smash. Max Martin worked on both so that makes sense. But this would be a great summer hit! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Britney rise from the ashes, yet again!

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

It appears “Pretty Girls” has leaked: http://listenitsvetrano.com/2015/04/britney-spears-iggy-azalea-pretty-girls/

This is going to be quite the divisive song.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.