Song of the Summer 2016

Home // Forums // Music // Song of the Summer 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that Memorial Day is only a few weeks away (!!), what are your thoughts on Song of the Summer contenders?

The two frontrunners in my opinion are Drake’s “One Dance” and Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling”

“This Is What You Came For” – Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna could also grow on the charts.

I thought Meghan Trainor’s “No” would have been a bigger hit, but it’s quickly fallen out of the Top 10. Her next single, “Me Too”, is pretty catchy, but not sure it has staying power.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m wondering if Adele’s Send My Love could be some sort of summer hit, especially if the video is great.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

“One Dance” and “Can’t Stop The Feeling” definitely feel destined to be the big hits of the summer. If “Sorry” is the official first single to go to radio from Beyonce’s “Lemonade” album, that could be a hit. “Send My Love” should be a hit if it is properly promoted. Ariana Grande’s new single “Into You” is a banger and that should be a big club hit this summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    shawnigans
    Participant
    Topics:

Justin’s Can’t Stop the Feeling is definitely the frontrunner for SOS. Britneys new single could also be a contender even though no ones heard it, but after the debacle that was Pretty Girls I don’t have much hope.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, all of those songs listed as the 2016 potential song of the summer suck. #Barf

I hope Adele’s “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” burns up the charts this summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

One Dance or This Is What You Came For seem like the best candidates. Britney could surprise with her first single.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Gavin
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I hope it’s “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)”. I called it when I first heard 25 so I hope it can become the SOS. I quite like “Sorry” too so if that was to be the one I wouldn’t have a problem, and I don’t mind “This Is What You Came For” but I don’t really care for any of the rest so I hope it’s not any of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

According to Billboard Songs of the Summer Chart this are the top contenders:
    1. One Dance – Drake
    2. Panda – Panda
    3. CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! – Justin Timberlake
    4. Work From Home – Fifth Harmony
    5. Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers
    6. 7 Years – Lukas Graham
    7. I Took A Pill in Ibiza
    8. Needed Me – Rihanna
    9. This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris
    10. Just Like Fire – P!nk

Out of these One Dance and CANT STOP THE FEELING! are the top contenders. I think CANT STOP THE FEELING has the cross-generational appeal like Happy and will take over by the end of the summer. Besides those two I don’t see any other hits in contention. I hope dark horse songs like Ariana Grande’s “Into You” or Sia’s “Cheap Thrills” could topple those two.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  smurty11.
    ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO “Cheap Thrills” will be the song of the summer. SO HOT. Love it. <3

ReplyCopy URL
    setfiretorain
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I hope it’s “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)”. I called it when I first heard 25 so I hope it can become the SOS. I quite like “Sorry” too so if that was to be the one I wouldn’t have a problem, and I don’t mind “This Is What You Came For” but I don’t really care for any of the rest so I hope it’s not any of them.

Sadly, Send My Love has proved to be a bit of a flop. Bad music video, little promo. Also, she’s sold million of copies of 25 so everyone already has it.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sending my condolences to “Send My Love” – bye bye.

ReplyCopy URL
    ThisIsNotMyRealFace
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sending my condolences to “Send My Love” – bye bye.

It’s currently rising on Spotify (now Top 30 US and Top 20 UK and still rising). It’s also rising in the UK itunes and rising a bit too in US itunes. Also, rising steadily on radio. So it still has a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

“Send My Love” is I think, the first Adele song I’ve ever heard that I disliked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Adele needs to perform “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” on Today, Good Morning America or a late night show like Jimmy Fallon.

The song might be a slow burner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

“Send My Love” is I think, the first Adele song I’ve ever heard that I disliked.

It is not great.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Song of the Summer 2016

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.