Taylor Swift Thread – New Album "Reputation" out November 10th!

Home // Forums // Music // Taylor Swift Thread – New Album "Reputation" out November 10th!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 940 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

New thread for Taylor with a new name and a update. Taylor is rumored to appear in a cameo role on Girls for their 4th season the role will have the option to become a recurring role if Taylor wants it. Lena Dunham also wants Taylor to write music for the show.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Final2.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Final2.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Final2.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Final2.
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s just hit 50 million digital sales in the US. Love Story gets 6xPlatinum cetification. The song has become the third country song selling over 6 million copies in the US.

Hey Stephen gets certified Gold . It makes Fearless has ten certified songs apart from the album (three of them weren’t released as singles – Jump Then Fall in the platinum edition)

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Max Martin has reportedly produced over half of her 5th album with almost no country aspects. Scott Borcetta (spelling?) Said country radio wont be playing it but when she comes to Nashville people will come out to see her.

ReplyCopy URL
    csalter555
    Topics:

I’m actually really excited for the next album! I think her experimenting with pop is a good thing, she’s dominated country, why not try something different? Also, someone at Taylor’s meet and greet earlier this weeked told her “swifties will support you no matter what” and Taylor said “You guys are going to love the next record” Also, Andrea Swift (Taylor’s mom) was asked if there would be anymore “All To Well” like songs on the album and she replied “There are plenty of those on the album!” Can’t wait to hear the album and see it’s opening week sales! My biggest question, can she top Red? I guess time will tell! ~ Go Taylor Go!

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

She totally leaves country music this time. I think CMA knew that. They said goodbye to her with an elegant award – Pinnacle Award.

When she saw the first week’s sales, she will get the cost of losing country fans and when she loses so many awards, she will get again what country music brought to her. Pop music means popularity, but she wants more and loves winning Grammys.

I don’t know what will the 5th album be like that, but her 6th album will be country pop again. She will see Max Martin’s any project can’t win Grammy (which she is over ambitious to win) and she can’t compete with soprano voices like Adele, Beyonce, Perry in pop.

For me, I am not excited for her pop music with her avarage voice. Red’s worst songs were 22 (that’s the worst song in her career), WANEGBT and IKYWT. But we should wait for the album. She frequently says “trust me”.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

If she goes pop again with her 5th album, then we know for certain she is going this for popularity and huge sales like red did. this new album can get sales more records than the previous but i doubt she will win any grammys. she’ll get amas and vmas, but that’s all i’m saying. she wins any country awards that are not fan voted then the genre will not be taken seriously. it was already said by country artists that country has gone downhill with luke bryan’s catfish dinner. catfish dinner? well, a hit is a hit and that is what is on taylor swift’s mind. work with hitmakers like max martin, get acclaim, be a teen pop idol like your “bestie”, date more boys then write songs about them, get roasted by one direction fans for dissing harry styles (the justin timberlake of the group), etc. i’m not dissing her. i respect her as an artist, but there is always a negative about any person. she is more than the things i listed, but im just pointing it out there. 2015 is going to be another year dominated by pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

The way I see it was shes one of the biggest things music in pop but in country shes just average. Besides have one of the longest #1s in recent history 6 weeks (for airplay) country music is just plain bad. I personally think she wants to be the only artist with 3 million+ opening weeks and she might get that in pop. She has probably the second most anticipated album of the year. I just hope for songs like All To Well and Treacherous. She doesn’t have the strongest voice in pop but she dose have above average songwriting. But I do think shes eventually go back to country because theres longevity in that in that field of music. The one award I think she wants to win is either SotY at the Grammys or Best Original Song at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually, she’s an avarage position at pop, she was good at country. She won 5 country Grammys and has 7 number one songs at Hot County Chart. “I Knew You Were Trouble” even couldn’t top at Billboard 100. The song couldn’t sell more than Perry’s or Adele’s songs. That’s not enough to name her “big in pop”. But selling over 3 million coppies is really a big thing in country. Just a few artists can do this.

If there was a way for Max Martin to win a Grammy, he would do this with Katy Perry. Every single of Teenage Dream was at top 3. Firework sold over 9 million coppies worlwide. Taylor’s songs like WANEGBT (sold over 5 m worldwide) and IKYWT (sold over 7 m worldwide) are nothing in comparison with Perry’s songs (I don’t even regard 22, it was a real fiasco). In addition, winning SOTY is not a possible thing for her with a pop song. She can do this to use a huge country hit like Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now. You Belong With Me was so close to win this.

Her songwriting ability is important but she ruins it. She doesn’t need hitmakers. Of course she wants to win Grammys and Oscars, but it won’t happen if she continues to work with wrong people for her.

In this era, she can win popularity awards which mean MTV like Katy Perry. On the other side, she will lose country nominations in every award show. I don’t think she can cope with it. She’s so ambitious. Popularity won’t be enough for her. She’ll turn back to use country and pop bifacially.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

But if you look she sells high with pop songs and IKYWT spent like the 2ed most weeks at #1 on the pop charts last year. Considering that shes only ever had 3 pop songs and sent a country song to #1 on pop. Shes not a singles artist she sells albums unlike most people in pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

WANEGTB was number one because it was a pop song, making a country version doesn’t mean “country song went to number one”. Although this, the song couldn’t sell more than Love Story and You Belong With Me and coundn’t bring to her “best pop solo” nomination at Grammys which You Belong With Me could.

Her biggest worldwide sales are Love Story as single and Fearless as album. Even this shows that she’s better at country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Story went #1 in pop not WANEGBT. Also album sales are down completely since 2009, Fearless sold more than any album released along with it. So did Red wile selling 2 million+ less.

ReplyCopy URL
    csalter555
    Topics:

I’m excited for the next record no matter what. I do believe she will sell just as much in the first week as her past two albums, but if it is fully pop, the country audience will stop buying further albums. I think that she will realize that she’s better off making the country-pop she always had. Clearly, she can win Grammy’s and CMA’s with it.

You can’t say this album will lack her songwriting and her ballads when on multiple occassions her mother has said the album will have plenty of All Too Wells (her best song to date), and Ed Sheeran who has probably heard the entire record has said she wrote the entire thing herself. I’m really hoping her next record is the country-pop fusion that Max Martin did for Carrie Underwood’s “Quitter”. Taylor would have #1 after #1 on all formats.

Scott Borchuetta’s comments about country not playing pop, but country fans coming to watch her, clearly show she cares more about selling albums, and selling out shows then radio play. Because with sold out shows, she does what she loves to do: Entertain her fans. If country radio plays that horrid stuff Florida Georgia Line puts out, they should still play Taylor Swift once in a while.

Regardless of the genre of the record, Taylor’s identity will still be there, and I’ll still be rooting for her and buying her music.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Story went #1 in pop not WANEGBT. Also album sales are down completely since 2009, Fearless sold more than any album released along with it. So did Red wile selling 2 million+ less.

I was talking about Hot 100.

Yes, there is a general decrease to be seen for album sales, but that doesn’t make Red better than Fearless. Fearless won CMA, ACM, Grammy – jury awards. Which jury award did Red win?

Yes, she is an album singer, but country fans have an important role to make her albums selling over 4 million coppies in the US. Remember her best selling albums were the most country ones, first and second albums.

With her avarage voice, she can compete to Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, not Adele, Beyonce, Katy Perry. It looks like she’s under the effect of Lorde’s success. She thinks she can win SOTY and best pop solo with a hit song. Lorde was lucky (not to compete to Adele or Beyonce) and an exception.

We have to wait for the album. There is one thing I’m sure about is she will not win any Grammy, neither song nor vocals. In history, there is no sample for hitmakers to win a Grammy. She’s turning to new Katy Perry. More sales, more popularity, more chart success with catchy songs, but no soul, mean or quality.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I was talking about the pop charts. You do realize that if Red would of won AotY at the Grammys she would of been the only 2-time female winner at 24. Red won 0 Grammys but was nominated twice in the GF. I mean Taylor Swift and Speak Now had no GF nominations. I think by no means that the album will no country songs but she’ll definitely be nominated for EotY or FVotY at the CMAs. But success is success Red was extremely successful with the most top ten hits of all the AotY nominees and out selling them 3-1. She was also the 3rd woman to be nominated for AotY after winning. Also in what world is Katy Perry a better vocalist than Carrie Underwood?

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

After all, Speak Now won 2 Grammys, Red won nothing. Speak Now has its own records like it is the only album which charted with all songs at Billboard 100. Red’s all songs couldn’t charted, especially the unknown-genre songs which nobody doesn’t understand  they are pop or country (Starlight, Holy Ground, The Lucky One).

In addition, Katy Perry’s voice soprano, Underwood’s not. As all we know without doubt, Katy Perry’s vocals make people sick. But imagine a performance category including Beyonce, Adele and Taylor Swift, which one of them can win? That’s what I mean. She should be so, so lucky to escape them like Lorde. Of course, she will do important things, but nobody will name her “big in pop” or “queen of pop”. She says “trust me.” We’ll see that.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 940 total)
Reply To: Taylor Swift Thread – New Album "Reputation" out November 10th!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.