Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread, Taylor named one of Time Magazine’s Persons of the Year

Taylor Swift Thread, Taylor named one of Time Magazine’s Persons of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,272 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +27 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
neverkneel
Xtina
  • JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

You would think with all that promotion it would be stronger and with the release of it in streaming services.

Oh and Lemonade sold 321k SPS its second week (with only Tidal). Views, as trash as it was, did similar numbers Reputation is gonna do.

Reputation is still not on any streaming services tho. Her SPS is pretty much all pure sales. Only her (promo) singles are adding a bit of streaming numbers.

‘Lemonade’ was released mid-week so it was only out for 4 days when her second week sales started counting.

People love to hate on Taylor Swift but she’s still doing great. She won’t top 1989 or serve that type of longevity but her sales are still miles ahead of her peers minus one person Adele.

not to mention that her promo is nowhere near as vast as 1989. But it’s ok. Taylor just scored her 4th 1 minion plus debut week on her 6th studio album. Not much can be said for many people in the industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

I came here to proudly announce that Taylor Swift has been completely shut out of the General field and the Pop field of the 60th Grammy awards. My faith in the Grammy awards (as the pinnacle awards show to recognise good music) has been completely restored!

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve stayed off this site, because arguing about the merits of Taylor Swift on here just isn’t worth it anymore. But Taylor (the person not the act) just accomplished arguably one of the biggest things she’s ever done. She was named Times person of the year as part as the “The Silence Breakers”.

She was sexually assaulted and sued her assailant and he was found guilty. This led to the start of the #MeToo movement and the change that ended the careers of multiple men in power such as Harvey Winestine, Matt Lauer, and Keven Spacy.

http://time.com/5049659/taylor-swift-interview-person-of-the-year-2017/

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift time

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like her songs nor her as an artist but on this subject you bring I think Time and Taylor herself are damn right  for talking about sexual assault/harassment. The Grammys should do something about it on the show, like putting Taylor, Kesha, Gaga and others together to sing something or to say something to encourage people to talk about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation sales are bad this week. She’s not doing well on streams.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation sales are bad this week. She’s not doing well on streams.

Are they though? I heard she was N1 for a third week in a row…

Go away with your bias and negativity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s now predicted to be #3 with 60k pure sales and 100k SPS. And YES, that’s underwhelming and the songs are doing terrible on Spotify.

Check that before you try to check me, Trumpie.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s now predicted to be #3 with 60k pure sales and 100k SPS. And YES, that’s underwhelming and the songs are doing terrible on Spotify. Check that before you try to check me, Trumpie.

So what? Your favorite artist’s album Lemonade’s fourth week sales had similar numbers as well a bit over 100k. Would you call that underwhelming too?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + being Time’s Person of the Year = BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Rose McGowan deserved to make Time’s cover more than Taylor Swift due to the sexual abuse and pariah-status she endured being far more severe than what happened to the blonde pop star. I’m NOT saying that it wasn’t good of Taylor to come forward or what happened to her was no big deal, but in my humble opinion Rose was a far more brave silence breaker and influentual person of the year of 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus! So now another person deserves to be on the cover more than Taylor? Simply because that person got raped more?! What in the fuck??!!! This place is truly delusional and hateful. Taylor shares this along with the many women and men who have been aboused and treated inappropriately. Get a grip! What happened to Taylor was wrong! She was groped and sexually harassed and she decided to stand up for herself! Move on!

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, it’s rather obvious Taylor Swift is on the cover of Time just to sell the magazine.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift was also one of the person(s) of the year for Time in 2006

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Goddess Taylor needs to be the next President of the United States of America!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,272 total)
Reply To: Taylor Swift Thread, Taylor named one of Time Magazine’s Persons of the Year

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.