Home Forums Music Taylor Swift Thread

Taylor Swift Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,311 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Final2
neverkneel
Gucci
  • Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

“Already forgotten” Reputation returns to the top of Billboard 200 for 4th week this week with 107K units.

Billboard has revealed an article about NY post, saying their news are fake and Swift doing well.

According to Billboard, Swift will add eight more shows and could sell $450 million worth of tickets.

Since her pr team uses “slow tickecting system”, the tickets are being sold slowly. Despite this, Dave Brooks has said they expect her selling almost $500 million worth tickets.

Billboard article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8085856/taylor-swift-reputation-tour-sales-could-be-biggest-all-time?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

If she does gross 500mil, that would make her the highest grossing female tour of all time. What a flop! I wonder who she paid for this!

ReplyCopy URL
    only_one
    Participant
    Topics:

Just to clarify for those that thought Taylor had outsold DAMN., not yet. Pure sales sure. SPS….nah. DAMN. – 2.747 million sps. With over 910k albums sold, ~2.16 million tracks and over 2.4 billion streams. Reputation – 2.337 million SPS. With over 1.9 million album sales, over 1.52 million track sales and 420 million streams. Just a clarification for the confused.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard article is ridiculous, “we’re trying to figure out how to sell tickets in a more modern way”???? Selling tickets with absurd prices is a good way! Doesn’t matter how successful this tour becomes it will always be remembered as the one that shamefully exploited the fans.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s added more dates again, still no sell out. She must be paying for all this to look like she’s in demand. The album hasn’t dropped out of the top 3 in 7 weeks but she’s flopping hard.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, album sales are tragic for all artists these days. I guess it’s not difficult for someone like her to stay there. It’s been 7 weeks, her friend Ed is still selling like her almost after a year, that’s impressive. Also, Divide is the highest selling album of 2017 with 2.76M SPS.
    Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of her fans turn their backs on her after this scammy era, those prices are too high for someone who playback/delivers terrible vocals.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to say something. Her fans are the main reason of her success. They didn’t leave her even she switched to pop. They were with her during all Kanye-Kim drama. She was declared as a liar by the media and they didn’t turn their backs.

Her materials’ prices are high since Red era. She uses backtracks or half playback since 1989. None of them ended up her fans leaving her.

One can claim that she cannot gain new fans in current situation but I really don’t think that her old fans will turn their backs on her.

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, album sales are tragic for all artists these days. I guess it’s not difficult for someone like her to stay there. It’s been 7 weeks, her friend Ed is still selling like her almost after a year, that’s impressive. Also, Divide is the highest selling album of 2017 with 2.76M SPS. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of her fans turn their backs on her after this scammy era, those prices are too high for someone who playback/delivers terrible vocals.

album sales may be tragic but she’s still doing better than her peers minus adele. i don’t see rihanna or beyonce or drake #1 for more than 1-2 weeks. and ed selling 2.76sps is nice and all after a year but taylor is about to pass him and her album’s been out less than 2 months. and it looks like she’s gonna gross almost half a million on her next tour. her peers could never. taylor keeps winning and it must be frustrating.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s just released End Game music video.

Although it’s absolutely better than …Ready For It, it’s not one of her best.

I think she should have put something better with a story. This video tells nothing but showing some good places. She’s not promoting her album except shooting videos, so her videos should be well-planned and interesting which make people watch over and over again.

They were shooting this video since October and, to be honest, I was expecting something big just like Bad Blood.

Now the only thing I can say is the kebab they eat at the end of the video is the best part of it.

Really disappointed.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I love the End Game Video better. Exactly what I envisioned for the song. Just a cute video of her partying with friends. Nothing too serious. Plus she looks absolutely gorgeous!

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope delicate is the next single although I don’t think it will become a hit cause she will not promote again…

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved Reputation, and I think it’s almost as packed with hits as 1989, but does anyone else think they’ve been doing the singles wrong? Look What You Made Me Do was a smart first single, it’s nowhere near the best on the album but it made people sit up and listen. …Ready for it? is a better song, but doesn’t really make sense as a single to me. End Game would’ve been a better choice for second single, I think they waited too long to promote it. New Years Day is the best song on the album, but releasing it as a country single was just a bad move, I get that she probably still has a lot of country fans, but it’s a pop song, just like everything else on the album. I read that Gorgeous was a single in Europe, but not here, and now Delicate is her next single. Both are among the albums best, but This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things is an obvious single, as is Getaway Car, which has her best vocals on the album, so she should make it a single if only so she can make it her Grammy submission for Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    shawnigans
    Participant
    Topics:

Delicate music video premiers tonight at the iHeart Music Awards. Hopefully this is better than her last two videos and can breath some new life back into Reputation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked it, a lot very down to earth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow. I loved it. Fantastic.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Delicate deserved better than single #6…
    Fun video though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,311 total)
Reply To: Taylor Swift Thread

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.