Home Forums Music Taylor vs. Kelly Pop Vocal Album 2019

Taylor vs. Kelly Pop Vocal Album 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodriguez
GraemeONeil
A L
  • swift
    Participant
    Topics:

So…

ReplyCopy URL
    Liamsta
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Kelly Clarkson or Pink will beat Taylor Swift. It might be Sam Smith vs Taylor Swift for Best Pop Vocal Album. I think Taylor Swift has an edge over Sam Smith.

Sam Smith didn’t even get nominated for his album at the Brits this year (it was eligible), and a lot of the brit voters will vote for the Grammy’s too. And Taylor’s album is trash in comparison to her others, Kelly/Pink would beat her.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Taylor might

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Who said it’s Kelly v. Taylor?

Justin Timberlake might get it.

His album is shaping up to be really good, despite media’s hate on him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is the frontrunner, and if someone will upset her, it won’t be Meaning of Life. That album flopped hard, and this category almost always go to a popular album, that actually produces HITS. P!nk ans Sam are more likely to upset. To be honest, Kelly isn’t even a lock for a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Who said it’s Kelly v. Taylor?

Justin Timberlake might get it.

His album is shaping up to be really good, despite media’s hate on him.

Timberlake will not get it. The media hates it, the singles have flopped, and he will need that SuperBowl support to sell well. Say Something is his best shot, and mostly because of Chris.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is the frontrunner, and if someone will upset her, it won’t be Meaning of Life. That album flopped hard, and this category almost always go to a popular album, that actually produces HITS. P!nk ans Sam are more likely to upset. To be honest, Kelly isn’t even a lock for a nomination.

Taylor tour will keep her and the album on the headlines and the album has sold more than 3 million copies ww already.. can’t be compared to 1989 but its the most successful album eligible right now. I think she might have a chance to win too..

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think this race is just as simple as Kelly vs. Taylor, but Kelly is a major contender here if her album would just get their act together. I don’t know what the heck is happening. “Heat” seemed like a done deal as the next single. Then she performed “Medicine” on “The Voice” finale and Carson Daly intro’ed it as her next single. I actually DO think it was a smart decision to ride out “Love So Soft” through the holidays instead of trying to release something new (Pink tried with “Beautiful Trauma” but it didn’t work). The label was smart to wait till January BUT WHERE IS THE SECOND SINGLE?!?! This album is full of singles. What are they waiting for?!?! Kelly did say last week that she is in the process of shooting a new music video, but she hinted that it won’t be “Medicine”. I assumed it was “Heat”. NOW, I’m hearing that “I Don’t Think About You” is going to be the next single. Great song, but WTF. That’s not gonna get major radio airplay. “Heat” is being used in the new promo for her being on “The Voice” this season. I have no idea why the label is hesitant to release that as the second single when it has BY FAR the most listens on YouTube, and I’ve now heard it at my gym a few times in the past couple weeks on their playlist.

Kelly could absolutely be a contender to win this category again. The album is fantastic. But I don’t know what the heck the label is doing holding back on releasing singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

Kelly’s new single is going to be I Don’t Think About You, it’ll be released to radio th 26th of this month

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think this race is just as simple as Kelly vs. Taylor, but Kelly is a major contender here if her album would just get their act together. I don’t know what the heck is happening. “Heat” seemed like a done deal as the next single. Then she performed “Medicine” on “The Voice” finale and Carson Daly intro’ed it as her next single. I actually DO think it was a smart decision to ride out “Love So Soft” through the holidays instead of trying to release something new (Pink tried with “Beautiful Trauma” but it didn’t work). The label was smart to wait till January BUT WHERE IS THE SECOND SINGLE?!?! This album is full of singles. What are they waiting for?!?! Kelly did say last week that she is in the process of shooting a new music video, but she hinted that it won’t be “Medicine”. I assumed it was “Heat”. NOW, I’m hearing that “I Don’t Think About You” is going to be the next single. Great song, but WTF. That’s not gonna get major radio airplay. “Heat” is being used in the new promo for her being on “The Voice” this season. I have no idea why the label is hesitant to release that as the second single when it has BY FAR the most listens on YouTube, and I’ve now heard it at my gym a few times in the past couple weeks on their playlist.

Kelly could absolutely be a contender to win this category again. The album is fantastic. But I don’t know what the heck the label is doing holding back on releasing singles.

Kelly Clarkson is not getting Best Pop Vocal Album.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I agree. Does it have the potential to win if they start releasing singles? Yes.

I don’t think Taylor is winning. I know the album is still a big success, but really, for Taylor, single-wise this album has not done well.

If the award was given today, I think Pink will win, even though Kelly has the superior album.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I agree. Does it have the potential to win if they start releasing singles? Yes.

I don’t think Taylor is winning. I know the album is still a big success, but really, for Taylor, single-wise this album has not done well.

If the award was given today, I think Pink will win, even though Kelly has the superior album.

neither Kelly, nor Pink nor Taylor have had success singles wise in their respective eras. Taylor has the acclaim and sales with reputation. She’s be a worthy Pop Vocal album winner.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.