Home Forums Music The BRANDY Thread (New Album Out May 2012)

The BRANDY Thread (New Album Out May 2012)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Brandy is returning for her as of yet untitled sixth studio album scheduled for a May 2012 release. 

Call me crazy but I believe B will have a tremendous comeback on the Urban charts. R&B is in such a dire state at the moment that any artist (upcoming or returning) could make a major impact because of the lack of credible material on the radio. Brandy has always delivered the goods with her recent albums but she didn’t have any ‘hits’ to back up her talent or sagging record sales.

But now, she’s working with people like Bangladesh, Danja, Hit-Boy, Rico Love, Sean Garrett, Ester Dean, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, and most recently Drake and Monica!

That’s a good look! Not to mention she’s gotten a few acting jobs (“The Game”, some Tyler Perry movie) and promo lined up for the upcoming year. 

I’m rooting for her! 

Discuss.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for B-Rocka!!! She deserves a comeback, tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

She needs to stop with the lacefronts and that baby hair. I hope she does well tho! She has a nice voice and I miss the says when she was a superstar!

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

You better not come for Brandy and them lacefronts though!

I saw her on the Wendy Williams show a few days ago and she looked ‘nice’ and seemed very nice.

My favorite song from her is still “Almost Doesn’t Count”. That should’ve been a bigger hit tbh.

It’ll be interesting to see how the material stacks up considering the fact that Rodney Jerkins won’t be producing any songs for this record. They REALLY fell out. But it’s I’m glad she’s getting back into the groove of things and admitted that this album is her last chance to get it right. I have faith she’ll deliver. The girl can SANG and her music is GREAT!

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope they get her on some BIG shows, not just 106 & Park and all those BET/TVOne programs that no one outside of the black community watches. They shouldn’t limit her this era. They need to get her to appeal to other audiences again, too. She just needs Ellen, Leno, Letterman, The View, The Today Show, GMA, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Criss808

LOL you know I like Brandy but then again that may mean that I dont like her for whatever reason. “Almost Doesnt Count” is also my fav by her. She has to find her sound with this album. She’s too Pop for Urban and too Urban for Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree!

Brandy was one of the major Pop teen stars of my era. She had a TV show, movies, endorsements, albums…dolls!

B was everywhere. From what she described, this album will cater mostly to a R&B audience but will have Pop/Dance sensibilities. She just needs the right promo and image to break back into mainstream. She isn’t THAT bad looking and her personality seems relatable. I used to think it was the edge she lacked but in my mind she was kind of like the Taylor Swift of 90’s teen R&B/Pop. Monica and Aaliyah had much more appeal to the Urban crowd because they were much more hard edged/sassy/mysterious/soulful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

She should really focus on Urban/Urban AC.

ReplyCopy URL
    HerMadgesty
    Topics:

I thought the album was being produced by Timbaland. I was really looking forward to that since Afrodisiac is my favorite Brandy album and I think it’s her best album to date.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch this b*tch SANG His Eye Is On the Sparrow

She BETTER come with it!! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Brandy is a flop.  People just aren’t that interested in her anymore.  If she’s smart, she’ll stick to acting.

On a positive note, she looked really cute on the Wendy Williams show recently.  That surgery to her nose and wigs with bangs really do wonders for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    simali
    Topics:

as long as the material is good and brandy is 100% honest and doesn’t hide behind a “fake marriage” or any nonesense like that she should definitely be successful

esp with the monica collabo

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Brandys 1st single features Nicki Minaj & produced by Bangladesh according to Hot 97.

Nicki’s latest features are going Top 10 on the Hot 100 so I guess this is a good thing. This can also be really bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Oh, here we go.  Brandy is jumping on the Nicki Minaj bandwagon.  I guess when you’re desperate…anything goes.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

New song title: “Hardly Breathing” 

I just realized “It All Belongs to Me” premieres the day after the Superbowl 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.