The CARRIE UNDERWOOD Thread (New Album Out 2012)

Home // Forums // Music // The CARRIE UNDERWOOD Thread (New Album Out 2012)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The Queen of Country, Carrie Underwood is releasing her first single “Good Girl” on Feb. 23rd.

No news on when the album will drop.

Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Interesting… I know that what she’s been doing has been selling, but I hope this new song shows a new facet of Ms. Underwood’s voice and personality. Her last album was pretty damn boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Devin Cole
    Topics:

^Agree, Carrie has TONS of potential and can sing anything. I remember thinking her last album would be more of a risk-taking album and less pandering to country radio, but I was let down when I heard it was the same thing as her previous records. We’ll see what this new album sounds like. I look forward to it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    theriversticks
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope this new song shows a new facet of Ms. Underwood’s voice and personality. 

Carrie Underwood has a personality?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

[quote=”Tye-Grr”]I hope this new song shows a new facet of Ms. Underwood’s voice and personality. 

Carrie Underwood has a personality?[/quote]

That’s what I’m saying! One can hope…

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Carrie Underwood is the most successfully act from any singing competition of all time in any country that I know, Clarkson had a few missteps in her career and the one that I could compare with Underwood are Girls Aloud in UK.

I’m a huge fan of Carrie and I’m rooting for this album being her best, she has working hard on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    TWC
    Topics:

Carrie has a couple of big problems (IMO).  First, she’s been away for a while.  This is most significant in the realm of the Country Music.  There’s an unspoken line of succession there, especially when it concerns female artists.  You have your era of dominance, and once that’s over, you’re chopped liver.  Even though you may acheive further success, you will enver return to the throne.  Just look at Martina, Reba, Gretchen, Trisha, etc. They’ve all struggled with this. 

Her second problem is that I think she’ll have a hard time winning over critics.  She runs the risk of once again “playing it too safe”. Unless she really surprises us, I don’t expect anything out of the ordinary from her.  Does anyone expect anything form her this time around that isn’t countrified pop? 

Carrie will be fine if she gets radio airplay, and I suspect that “Good Girl” is either a mid-tempo country pop/tune or a barn-burning “Before He Cheats/Last Name/Cowboy Cassinova” pt 2.  I’d be pleasantly surprised if this album was less country twang and more AC.   

ReplyCopy URL
    Devin Cole
    Topics:

If her first single is the same formula as “Cheats” or “Last Name” or “Cassinova” or even “Undo It”, I will be pissed. Those songs are so pandering to country radio and played-out by her now, she needs to do something new and fresh, change up her style and sound. People will get tired of her if it’s the same ol’ stuff like TWC said above. We shall see. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

I’m so bored with Carrie Underwood.  Her music is the same ole, same ole.  I just don’t get why the Grammys nominate her in Country Vocal Performance year after year.   

ReplyCopy URL
    Space
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so bored with Carrie Underwood.  Her music is the same ole, same ole.  I just don’t get why the Grammys nominate her in Country Vocal Performance year after year.   

She has a strong voice and she’s pretty.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Album out MAY 1ST.

The first single must be dropping the last week of February. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Im so excited the queen is coming back! I cannot wait to purchase “Good Girl” on I-Tunes in two weeks! She looks amazing on the single cover. I hope she performs at the ACM’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    TWC
    Topics:

Very brief clip, but it sounds like Cowboy Cassanova part 2, aka more of the same from Ms. Carrie.  YAWN

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

The song is WAY BETTER than Cowboy Casanova, I LOVED IT!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Devin Cole
    Topics:

^Where can we hear it?? It was suppose to be out today, but I have not seen it anywhere. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
Reply To: The CARRIE UNDERWOOD Thread (New Album Out 2012)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.