Home Forums Music The KANYE WEST Thread (G.O.O.D. Music Album Coming 2012!)

The KANYE WEST Thread (G.O.O.D. Music Album Coming 2012!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Kanye West and his group of proteges/label mates are expected to release a collaberative album next year in the Spring.

I love that Mr. West is branching out and experimenting with artists on entire studio albums. Should be fire!

Discuss. 

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

This man doesn’t slow down. I can’t be mad at him. He releases awesome music, and he sorta took a break after the VMA fiasco and barely promoted MBDTF.

On another note, I am wondering if Kanye will lead the Grammy nominations yet again. Here are my predictions for him:
    Album of the Year – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (or Watch The Throne)
    Rap Performance – “Otis”
    Rap Song – “Otis”
    Rap Song – “All of the Lights”
    Rap Album – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 
    Rap Album – Watch The Throne (with Jay-Z)
    Rap/Sung Collaboration – “All of the Lights” 

I’m actually predicting double Rap Album nods for him. 

ReplyCopy URL
    toth6
    Topics:

Your prediction is right, he deserved these awards. I am excited about his next upcoming album but so much time is remaning to relese this. If any one know any song of his upcoming album then please share here.

ReplyCopy URL
    TrendyHipster
    Topics:

Meh, kinda over Kanye West (and rap/hip hop in general) – I don’t have a problem with his music, but the whole “G.O.O.D music & inflated ego” shtick are stale. 

I’ll give Kanye props for making decent albums though, rather than mediocre ones (95% of artists) although I thought the last one was overrated to the heavens! OMG Kanye is a douchebag what an awesome song! 

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats to Kanye for leading the nominations.

I predict 4 Wins!! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Kanye has Rap Song (AOTL), Rap Performance (Otis), Rap/Sung (AOTL) on lock. I am iffy with MBDTF taking rap album because that and WTT could possibly split votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The “G.O.O.D.” Album is reportedly almost finished!

Kanye could have about 3 records out next year. LOL

And some people complain about artists taking a break when these rappers come out with new music every week.

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

The “G.O.O.D.” Album is reportedly almost finished!

Kanye could have about 3 records out next year. LOL

And some people complain about artists taking a break when these rappers come out with new music every week.

No one minds Kanye releasing every year or two because he’s releasing quality music. People complain about artists like Rihanna because, despite some hot singles, she keeps releasing the same mediocre album every year.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

No one said he wasn’t releasing quality music, it’s the fact that these rappers can get away with new albums, collaboration albums, mixtapes, and free download singles every year and yet no one says anything about that. Most of the other artists people complain about only release one album every year with at least 5-7 singles released throughout at least two years LOL.

Hell even Kid Cudi is supposed to come out with a year full of new multiple albums. Jay-Z & Lil’ Wayne too.  

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think a lot of people are just tired of female pop stars dominating. Not to mention, the material is not all that great. If the music is great, then I don’t have issues with it. I don’t think Kanye has put out a dud yet. Even Watch The Throne has grown on me a lot, one of the best releases of the year. Kanye hasn’t promoted much in recent history, so that helps, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

But Hip-Hop music is dominating as well. Weren’t most of the big sellers this year Pop & RAP albums? It’s just funny, that’s all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

No one said he wasn’t releasing quality music, it’s the fact that these rappers can get away with new albums, collaboration albums, mixtapes, and free download singles every year and yet no one says anything about that. Most of the other artists people complain about only release one album every year with at least 5-7 singles released throughout at least two years LOL.

Hell even Kid Cudi is supposed to come out with a year full of new multiple albums. Jay-Z & Lil’ Wayne too.  

That’s why I dont listen to people who complain. If you dont like it then dont buy it or listen to it

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

I think a lot of people are just tired of female pop stars dominating. 

That’s pretty much what it is. It’s just all become so repetitive. I love Adele and am rooting for her all the way, but how many women have we seen sweep the Grammys the past decade? After Adele wins her Grammys, she (and the rest of these pop girls) can have a seat for awhile.

And Criss – no one cares about these rap artists releasing mixtapes and albums every year because, with the exception of Jay, Kanye, Eminem and Weezy, none of them are really making much noise. I mean, honestly, who gives a shit about Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Tyga, etc.?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele isn’t the type to release albums every year. She’s taking a break after this monster era, so she’s good.

Hip Hop is making a small comeback. It’s interesting to see not only albums but singles do well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

You really have to get into Big Sean and Tyga. Lets not forget about the success of J.Cole, Drake and Nicki Minaj.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.