Home Forums Music The NO DOUBT Thread (New Album/Early 2012 Release)

The NO DOUBT Thread (New Album/Early 2012 Release)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
Tye-Grr
Gucci
HerMadgesty
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Originally scheduled for a late 2011 release, No Doubt have announced plans to drop new music early next year.

So far, Major Lazer (“Run the World (Girls)”), Mark ‘Spike’ Stent (“Hey Baby”), and Tony Kanal are producers.

Confirmed song titles:

“One More Summer”
    “Settle Down”
    “Gravity”
    “Dreaming the Same Dream”
    “Easy” 

Are you anxious for their return? Discuss.

Miss Frost
    Topics:

Not to keen on the postpone of the album, but the producers look right for a group like them. They need to hit hard to make a true comeback. I could imagine it is reasonable that they will make an appearance at the Grammys as a reunited group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

FINALLY!!! The band has officially announced the new album’s release date for September 25th, 2012.

From Billboard.com-

No Doubt will return with a new album this fall, the band announced in a video on Friday.

The album, due Sept. 25, will be the group’s first since 2001’s “Rock Steady.” The joking announcement, full of studio applause and sound effects, didn’t share a title for the new release.

“Thank you all so much for your support over the last 25 years,” the band wrote on its official website. “We’re really proud of our new album and we hope you love it as much as we do.”

In the coming months, the long-absent group promised to post “plenty of photos and webisodes as we go.” No Doubt hasn’t been entirely off the radar in the last decade-plus: frontwoman Gwen Stefani released a pair of notable solo albums and the group returned to touring in 2009.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aF4Xv7zMDnk  

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Bout time!  Can’t wait. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

^Same here! I hope they announce the first single soon… It’s a bit early, but I think it’d be good for them to get this album hyped up early on as they’ve been away for a while. I love No Doubt, and I enjoyed Gwen’s solo stuff too, so I’m crazy pumped for their return!

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

About time! Can’t wait for new Gwen music. X-Factor will be the perfect base to make their comeback.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Supposedly the first single is being released in July.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

So how come this band isn’t “let’s face it they’re done commercially” or didn’t “wait too long to release an album”?….Where’s the negativity and pesimism for No Doubt? The same tiresome and annoying automatic comments that seem to be repeated by the same people in every thread by an artist who takes more than 3 years to release a new album…interesting…

Anyways….I’m really excited for them, and for us. It really took forever but at least they left us with something good, Rock Steady was a pretty great album even if it came out 11 years ago. Too bad Gwen can’t say the same thing for The Sweet Escape, that was just awful. 

ReplyCopy URL
    TWC
    Topics:

Well first of all, I’m going to be the cynical one who isn’t going to believe one ounce of this news of a “release date” untill I see something serious in stone.  The origional release was fall of 2010 and there have been multiple pushbacks. It’s been reported that the band is still in the studio (as of the last couple of weeks) so obviously there is still work to be done on the album, and so another delay isn’t out of the question. I’m not getting my hopes up just yet. 

In regards to the above comment about the double standard with No Doubt and other singers (and I’m getting the notion that you are refering to Nelly Furtado and Christina?) I think it comes down to the fact that No Doubt took a planned hiatus, focused on solo projects, and even had a sold out north american tour in between projects.  While they haven’t released new music in a decade, they’ve very much remaind relevent in the industry. At the time of the start of their hiatus, they had already establihed themselves as a top-shelf act. Until they underperform with an album, their loyal fans are going to give them the benefit of the doubt every time.  So, I don’t think there is a double standard going on here, although I can see where it might seem as though there is. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

^ Yes, but
    it’s been forever since any music, and people don’t care if it was a planned
    hiatus or not. Even if you consider Gwen’s solo work, her last album was
    released in 2006. And I disagree they are still relevant. People might still
    remmeber them, but it doesn’t prove they’ll do well. They’ll have a really hard
    time getting hit singles at this stage, and besides fans, they isn’t many people
    really that paying attention or very interested in new music from them. 

Don’t get me
    wrong, I love Gwen. But I think people are being way too optimistic about their
    success. Of course, the important thing is whether the music is good or not.
    But I just don’t see such a welcoming reception written in stone, like people
    here suggest. If Gwen’s hosting gig works out for the best, this could do
    wonders for them. But before that, I find it hard to believe that there won’t
    be some struggling in finding an audience after all this time.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Here’s their first webisode for the making of the album, and you can hear and see them recording “Push & Shove” with Major Lazer. It’s sounding really good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xNSiDIDng&feature=youtu.be

ReplyCopy URL
    bluejeanjunky
    Topics:

Do they have gigs here in the East coast for June 2012?

It’s been a long time since I saw them live.

These blogs keep the fire of music burning in me:

http://www.scarysquids.com

http://www.audiomasteringman.com

ReplyCopy URL
    HerMadgesty
    Topics:

“Push & Shove” sounds hot. Can’t wait to hear the whole thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

No Doubt announced on their official site that the new album will be titled ‘Push and Shove’ and the lead single is titled “Settle Down” which they’re looking to release in July. They’re currently filming the video for “Settle Down” which is to be directed by their long time collaborator Sophie Muller (“Don’t Speak”, “Sunday Morning”, “Underneath It All”, etc.). I can’t wait to finally hear what they’ve been working on! 

Album Title Announcement

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

YEESS!  Sophie Muller has directed some great videos for No Doubt.  I’m so glad a new single is coming next month.  I started to give up on them.  I like the album title.  September is a perfect release date for this project.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
Reply To: The NO DOUBT Thread (New Album/Early 2012 Release)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.