Home Forums Music The Official Alicia Keys “Girl On Fire” Album Thread (Album Live Stream on 11/20 – see pg. 8)

The Official Alicia Keys “Girl On Fire” Album Thread (Album Live Stream on 11/20 – see pg. 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
DD
Tae04
HerMadgesty
  • DD
    Participant
    Topics:

“A Place of My Own” (Live at iHeartRadio):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…ture=player_embedded

Looks like this one might be on the new album.

Miss Frost
    Topics:

I’m guessing thats her “You and I”…(Promo song for the upcoming album)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

This is another lousy song.  Very bland and boring. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tae04
    Participant
    Topics:

Song is pretty forgettable for me. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Erica
    Participant
    Topics:

Sounds “generic”

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t remember it…

Alicia, what happend? 

ReplyCopy URL
    DrJustice
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll wait for a studio version of that cut…I don’t think that performance of it was great.

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

Alicia Keys composing original music for Broadway’s ‘Stick Fly’

Stick Fly was originally going to be Alicia Keys’ Broadway debut as a producer. Now it will also be her first show as a Broadway composer. (Too bad it’s already cast, or the triple threat songstress-producer-actress could be in it, as well.)

The show’s reps announced today that Keys is composing original music for Lydia R. Diamond’s family comedy, which has Kenny Leon at the helm. “It’s honestly been a dream come true,” says Keys in a statement. “I love the humor and humanity of Stick Fly, and I’m so excited to be a part of the emotional journey.” The play, about a well-to-do clan’s tumultuous summer gathering at their Martha’s Vineyard home, stars Dulé Hill, Mekhi Phifer, Tracie Thoms, and Ruben Santiago-Hudson and opens December 8.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/10/04/alicia-keys-composing-music-for-stick-fly/

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

So supposedly, Alicia is close to completion on her fifth LP.

Hopefully it produces better singles than “The Element of Freedom” because I’m ready for some substantial R&B hits to top the charts.

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

Alicia Keys Nears Completion of New Album

Alicia Keys was smiling from ear to ear as she sat down for an interview with Robin Roberts on “GMA.” Seated in the Cort Theater on Broadway, where her show Stick Fly plays, the singer explained what’s it like to produce her first Broadway show and joined the cast for an interview and some singing.

She also revealed that she is in the final stages of recording her fifth album. “I think we got a couple more months and we’re ready to fly,” she told Roberts.

But she’s in no rush. “You deserve the best and I want to give you the best, so when you hear this music you’re blown away, like you’re filled,” she said.

While she’s in love with her work, seeing her son Egypt grow up brings her the most joy. “Experiencing that and seeing that, it makes me really happy.”

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/12/13/alicia-keys-nears-completion-on-new-album/#more-107221

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m ready for some substantial R&B hits to top the charts.

2012 has to be a better year for R&B, right? It’s really pathetic how bad 2011 was for urban music in general. The Grammy nominees in the R&B categories this year are some of the worse in recent memory. And that’s saying a lot considering how poor the R&B field nominees have been the past few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The Element of Freedom was a decent to good album, but I’m hoping Alicia has more to offer with this album. She has to step up her lyrical game and work with some hotter producers. She was on the right track with “Try Sleeping…” and “Un-Thinkable,” but I think she needs a bit more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Devin Cole
    Topics:

I am so excited to have Alicia Back in 2012. We need these talented girls BACK on the radio like Alcia, Christina, Mariah, Madonna, and others. I look forward to what she has in store for us and hope it’s solid materail and inspired because he last 2 albums have been good, but still lacking that special something that her first few releases had. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Are people still checkin for Alicia Keys ? I just hope she puts out a great record. At the end of the day music is all that matters.

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

The Element of Freedom was a decent to good album, but I’m hoping Alicia has more to offer with this album. She has to step up her lyrical game and work with some hotter producers. She was on the right track with “Try Sleeping…” and “Un-Thinkable,” but I think she needs a bit more.

I completely agree. I just want all of these R&B artists to explore more thematically and stop making slow songs about relationships. A few slow, love songs per album is fine, but it gets repetitive after awhile.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
Reply To: The Official Alicia Keys “Girl On Fire” Album Thread (Album Live Stream on 11/20 – see pg. 8)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.