Home Forums Music The Pop Trinity of the 2010s?

The Pop Trinity of the 2010s?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Final2
circa 1993
  • kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

In the 1980s, we had Michael Jackson (King of Pop), Madonna (Queen of Pop), and Prince (His Purple Majesty).
    In the 2000s, we had 2 different sets:
    – Britney Spears (Princess of Pop), Justin Timberlake (Prince, later turned President of Pop), and Christina Aguilera (Princess of Pop)
    – Beyonce (Queen of R&B/Pop), Usher (King of R&B), and Alicia Keys (Queen of R&B)
    In the 2010s? So far we have Adele (Queen of Soul), Rihanna (Princess of R&B), Taylor Swift (Princess of Country), Chris Brown (Prince of R&B), Katy Perry (Queen of Pop), Lady Gaga (Lady/Queen of Pop), and Bruno Mars (Duke of Pop) as candidates.

Justin Bieber is most definitely the Joker of Pop. One Direction is the Big Five of Pop? 

Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift РAdele РBeyonc̩

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot to add Adele. Beyonce? I consider her part of the 2000s trinity, but she fits in. Taylor Swift is most definitely part of that group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiomon
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele
    Gaga
    TBA 

ReplyCopy URL
    sarat Varanasi
    Topics:

ew. Katy Perry, Queen of Pop.

Katy Perry, Anime Character come to life 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele (Queen)
    Timberlake (King)

Justin Bieber (court jester) 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé is more relevant than really anyone else I mean shes just Queen B. And Gaga cant hold a candle really to anyone she needs a hit like crack head does. This decade is being ruled by Taylor shes bigger now then she was when she 1st stepped on the scene.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

ew. Katy Perry, Queen of Pop.

Katy Perry, Anime Character come to life 

I don’t really consider her as one of the Queens of Pop, but other people say this because she’s one of the most successful female pop acts of the decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé is more relevant than really anyone else I mean shes just Queen B. And Gaga cant hold a candle really to anyone she needs a hit like crack head does. This decade is being ruled by Taylor shes bigger now then she was when she 1st stepped on the scene.

Well, the first time I heard of Taylor, she broke up with Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, then Fearless was topping the charts in 2009, then Kanye ruins her speech, then was given her moment by Beyonce cuz of Kanye, then won a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2010, and she’s been successful ever since.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

King of the 80s: Michael Jackson
    Queen of the 80s: Madonna
    King of the 90s: That was basically “Star Wars” so I don’t know for sure, but Garth Brooks was most likely the King of that decade.
    King of the 2000s: Eminem
    Queen of the 2000s: Britney Spears
    King of the 2010s: Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars
    Queen of the 2010s: Adele, Rihanna, Taylor Swift or Beyonce 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Final2″]Beyoncé is more relevant than really anyone else I mean shes just Queen B. And Gaga cant hold a candle really to anyone she needs a hit like crack head does. This decade is being ruled by Taylor shes bigger now then she was when she 1st stepped on the scene.

Well, the first time I heard of Taylor, she broke up with Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, then Fearless was topping the charts in 2009, then Kanye ruins her speech, then was given her moment by Beyonce cuz of Kanye, then won a Grammy award for Album of the Year in 2010, and she’s been successful ever since.[/quote]

Well before that she released one of the longest charting albums of all time and spent 6 weeks at #1 on country airplay which I believe is tied for most week #1 of the 2000s. She was big before Kanye. She had already crossed over with Teardrops on my Guitar.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Queen Khia, Gucci, & James Otto Sweetheart tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

2010’s Queens are Katy, Gaga, Rihanna and Taylor as Pop, Dance, R&B and Country

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no trinity at the moment because that would imply that 3 artists are on the same level. 

Beyonce is the Queen. Her popularity and industry cred is incomparable. She is the Queen of Pop and R&B and the music industry as a whole. Who else has more cross genre respect? The only other people who have a comparable impact on pop culture are Jay Z and Kanye… 

I’d say the second tier is Adele, Rihanna, Gaga, and Taylor Swift. Artists who will all be remembered as icons in the next decade. I’d put Justin Timberlake in here too because no other contemporary male pop stars really compare, but he definitely peaked in the 2000s. 

Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Chris Brown are the third tier. Artists who have notable success and strong fan bases, but lack the industry respect and impact. They all have potential to be better (mainly Bruno), but IMO they haven’t really established themselves as icons yet. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevbev
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no trinity at the moment because that would imply that 3 artists are on the same level. 

Beyonce is the Queen. Her popularity and industry cred is incomparable. She is the Queen of Pop and R&B and the music industry as a whole. Who else has more cross genre respect? The only other people who have a comparable impact on pop culture are Jay Z and Kanye… 

I’d say the second tier is Adele, Rihanna, Gaga, and Taylor Swift. Artists who will all be remembered as icons in the next decade. I’d put Justin Timberlake in here too because no other contemporary male pop stars really compare, but he definitely peaked in the 2000s. 

Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Chris Brown are the third tier. Artists who have notable success and strong fan bases, but lack the industry respect and impact. They all have potential to be better (mainly Bruno), but IMO they haven’t really established themselves as icons yet. 

You pretty much nailed it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: The Pop Trinity of the 2010s?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.