Home Forums Music VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul on 12/19

VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul on 12/19

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • MikeyJ7
    Participant
    Topics:

VH1 DIVAS Celebrates Soul with Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence + the Machine, Kelly Clarkson and Jessie J

Read more here.

Tae04
    Participant
    Topics:

This should be decent.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

With the exception of Jessie J, that is a really strong lineup. Best in recent years.

ReplyCopy URL
    TWC
    Topics:

Aside from Jesse J, the lineup is excellent. Definitely the best “divas” lineup in a long time. Instead of picking pretty faces who have high-selling singles and broad appeal, they actually went for the women with truely powerhouse vocals with soulful delivery. I’m impressed. I guarantee that Adele would be back too if it werent for her vocal problems. 

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Kudos to VH1 for “celebrating” Soul. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Aside from Jesse J, the lineup is excellent. Definitely the best “divas” lineup in a long time. Instead of picking pretty faces who have high-selling singles and broad appeal, they actually went for the women with truely powerhouse vocals with soulful delivery. I’m impressed. I guarantee that Adele would be back too if it werent for her vocal problems. 

I agree. I’m thinking that if Adele weren’t resting her vocals, she’d be in the lineup and Jesse J would be out. As it stands, it’s still a very strong lineup. As others have already said, this is the strongest DIVAS lineup in years and I’m looking forward to seeing these ladies celebrate soul. I hope there’s a few harmonies or duets between them as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

Thumbs down. Mary has been on this show at least 8 times. I’ve lost count. Melanie Fiona should’ve been added. I get tired of seeing the same faces. Jessie J shouldn’t be on there either. Stop trying to make this girl a star.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Florence + The Machine + Jessie J. =

Even though Kelly Clarkson is SOOOOOO tired to me, at least girlfriend can saaaang.

Kudos for Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson and Jill Scott.

ReplyCopy URL
    ErnestoUK
    Topics:

How boring Jennifer Hudson and Jill Scott…Glad to see Kelly Clarkson and Florence + The Machine…Hell, Jessie J at least had a decent single this year…what do the other two have? sales? sure, but if you didn’t buy their album, you probably don’t know their music…oh well, something for everyone I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    celebrity
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually think Jessie J will be a great surprise. She did great at the VMAs just sitting down.

What about adding Marsha Ambrosius? India.Arie? And as much as I think she has become overrated, Alicia Keys?

I wish they would go back to the old format.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD
    PINK
    ALICIA KEYS
    LADY GAGA
    BEYONCE
    KELLY CLARKSON
    CHRISTINA AGUILERA

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

what do the other two have?

They have strong vocals and “soul.” This is called VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul. And what has Kelly or Florence done that was so notable this year? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tae04
    Participant
    Topics:

^Yea I was like what is Ernesto talking about? LOL!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Are all of these ladies just putting up tributes for the “soul” theme, or are they using it as a platform of promotion as well for their upcoming work?

Anyways clearly none of socieity in the U.S. has any interest in Jessie J, so they should stop trying to make her happen. Just stay in the UK where your actually relevent.
    Jennifer, Mary, and Jill will be perfect for the show. Kelly has always payed tribute to soul music on her live performances, shes a very underrated soul singer. And we keep forgetting that Florence was one of the performers who paid tribute to The Godmother of Soul at the Grammys this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

^I agree with all of the above. Look at Kelly’s run on AI… Primarily R&B numbers, or songs with an R&B/soul vibe (I’ll forever love her rendition of “Natural Woman”). Florence was great at the Grammys in the Aretha tribute. I think it’s a good lineup to pay tribute to soul music, but I wish Jesse J were replaced with Christina Aguilera or Adele (if Adele weren’t taking a vocal rest). As it stands, still solid. I’ll be watching.

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you guys serious about Jessie J ? I know she’s not much here in the US but she can saang!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
Reply To: VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul on 12/19

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.