“We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston” 11/16 CBS special

Home // Forums // Music // “We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston” 11/16 CBS special

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Celine Dion, Usher to perform for Houston special
    Associated Press – 4 hrs ago

Associated Press/Mark J. Terrill, file – FILE – In this Feb. 13, 2011 file photo, singer Whitney Houston performs at the pre-Grammy gala & salute to industry icons with Clive Davis honoring David Geffen in Beverly Hills, Calif. Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher will pay tribute to the late Whitney Houston in a one-hour TV special. “We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston” will tape Oct. 11 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live and will feature performances by Dion, Hudson and Usher. It will air Nov. 16 on CBS. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, file)

NEW YORK (AP) — Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher will pay tribute to the late Whitney Houston in a one-hour TV special.

“We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston” will tape Oct. 11 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live and will feature performances by Dion, Hudson and Usher. It will air Nov. 16 on CBS.

The Recording Academy announced Thursday that the special will also include Houston‘s “most memorable performances” and interviews with various artists. More performers will be announced.

Tickets for the event go on sale Thursday.

Houston died at age 48 in February. Authorities called her death an accidental drowning, complicated by heart disease and cocaine use.

The compilation album, “I Will Always Love You – The Best of Whitney Houston,” will be released on Nov. 13.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I cannot wait to see this. I have a feeling it will be really special. I miss Whitney.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

I’m looking forward to this special.  Can’t wait to see Usher and Jennifer Hudson tear up Whitney’s hits.

I want Usher to sing:
    “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)”
    “I Believe In You And Me”
    “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)”
    “I Will Always Love You”
    “I’m Your Baby Tonight”
    “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay”

I want Jennifer Hudson to sing:
    “The Greatest Love Of All”
    “I’m Every Woman”
    “Million Dollar Bill”
    “My Love Is Your Love”
    “Run To You”
    “Saving All My Love For You”

I guess Celine Dion can sing:
    “All The Man That I Need”
    “Heartbreak Hotel”
    “I Have Nothing”
    “I Look To You”
    “One Moment In Time”
    “You Give Good Love”

ReplyCopy URL
    Tae04
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol at wanting them to sing all those songs.  It should be a good special.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

This special and the greatest hits album? That’s nice news to hear. Hope the special is a success.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard LeBeau
    Topics:

I’m planning on getting tickets and going. Anyone in LA doing the same?

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Britney Spears is taking part in the tribute. Doubt she’ll be performing though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tamia would make a good addition to this special and I could imagine her singing You Give Good Love or Exhale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tamia would make a good addition to this special and I could imagine her singing You Give Good Love or Exhale.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Hudson, Spears, LL Cool J honor Whitney Houston
    By SANDY COHEN | Associated Press – 1 hr 56 mins ago

Associated Press – Singer Jennifer Hudson performs onstage at “We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston,” at Nokia Theatre on Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, in Los Angeles. The one-hour concert tribute will air on CBS on Nov. 16. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

Singer Jennifer Hudson performs …

Actress Halle Berry introduces …

Singer Jennifer Hudson wades into …

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jennifer Hudson embodied the look of one of her idols, Whitney Houston, during a tribute to the late singer put on by Grammy organizers.

Rocking a pompadour and glittery jacket reminiscent of Houston‘s stage costumes from the 1980s, Hudson belted out a medley of Houston‘s hits Thursday at the Nokia Theatre for “We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston,” which will air as a TV special next month.

“She has been a huge part of my life musically,” Hudson said. “She’s just been like this outline, this blueprint for myself.”

Britney Spears, LL Cool J, Halle Berry, Taraji P. Henson, Usher, CeCe Winans and Yolanda Adams also participated in the musical tribute.

Spears said she’s always been “a huge fan” of Houston’s.

“I think she’s amazing,” Spears said. “And I think that her voice is better than God. I just, I love her.”

Houston died at 48 the night before the Grammy Awards in February from accidental drowning complicated by drug use and heart disease. LL Cool J honored her at the awards ceremony in February but said Thursday that the singer’s musical contributions merit more.

“The time that we spent remembering Whitney at the Grammys wasn’t really enough for her career,” he said. “Even though it was wonderful, and I got to say the prayer, and I got to address her death, her career was larger than just a few segments. You need a whole show to celebrate a career like Whitney Houston‘s.”

The tribute is set to air as an hour-long special on CBS Nov. 13.

T.D. Jakes, a minister and producer of Houston’s final film, “Sparkle,” said Houston’s early death can serve as a sad cautionary tale.

“Our message and our heart’s cry to young people is to really govern the choices that they make, and that those choices have consequences, long term consequences,” he said. “It is not enough to be talented. We must also be wise.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson is eating it!  She looks great!

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

bump for Friday . . .

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to watch this tonight 

ReplyCopy URL
    Music Forever
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to watch this tonight 

Me too!

The Queen of Pop! R.I.P 

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

If this had to be shown on CBS today, why did it have to be on when Blue Bloods is supposed to be shown? (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: “We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston” 11/16 CBS special

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.