What do you think will happen in the late 2010s in music?

Home // Forums // Music // What do you think will happen in the late 2010s in music?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

The early 2010s in music (2010-2014) had its moments. What do you think is going to happen in the next 5 years? We have Maroon 5, Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Usher, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc.

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s going to be an unknown right now that at the end of year 2019 will be as big as Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see my most favorite singers make come backs and release new albums. (smiles)

James Otto (A new album is wanted.)
    Alison Krauss & Union Station (A new Grammy award winning album is wanted.)
    LeAnn Rimes (A new album is wanted.)
    Tanya Tucker (A new album is wanted.)
    Trace Adkins (A new album is wanted.)
    Darryl Worley (A new album is wanted.)
    Brad Paisley (He’s doing well right now.)
    Kenny Chesney (He’s doing well right now too.)
    Toby Keith (A new album is wanted.)
    Hal Ketchum (His first album since 2008 will be released on October 7th!!!)

Duo/Trio/Group-Brooks & Dunn, SheDaisy, and Diamond Rio (I miss all three of these awesome acts.)

God bless you and my favorites always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Coolcat
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Rihanna will own this Decade in Music. She is an Icon already and is definitely going to be remembered for this being her Decade. I don’t really see the others coming close to her she has 13 number 1’s on the Billboard Hot 100 and it doesn’t look like she is slowing down anytime soon she’s making  Hit after Hit. Madonna and Michael Jackson owned the 80’s, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Janet Jackson owned the 90’s, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce owned the 2000s so Rihanna will own the 2010s with Adele

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I have this weird feeling that R &B will have a huge revival soon. It won’t be the classic style, it will be more in the vein of Amy Winehouse, Adele or Ed Sheeran. I think that there will be a bunch of new artists that are inspired by these successes, and the public will really embrace it.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling there will be a band that will reintroduce rock and punk to this generation.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I want someone to have a huge rise to success like MJ back in the day. I don’t care what genre, age, whtever. Also want to see Bon Jon Jovi win one of the big three.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Alison Krauss & Union Station (A new Grammy award winning album is wanted.)

I woud love that too.   

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfunyay
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Ariana Grande is going to continue to dominate

Katy Perry will take a break and come back with another hit like she did with “roar”

Charli XCX will use her gain from “Fancy” to become even bigger – but I do not think Iggy Azalea is a forsure thing for years to come.

Rita Ora will die out if she doesn’t get a huge hit 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

If Taylor stays relevant and continues the two year cycle that she’s on the decade is hers. Shes gonna have the most top 40 hits for a woman and sell a lot of albums. Adele will appear and dissappear throughout the decade like shes been doing and still be huge. Lady Gaga might have a revival of her past. Justin Beiber will go to jail at least two more times. Beyoncé will still be Beyoncé and be relevant and hopefully country music will become country music again.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

If Taylor stays relevant and continues the two year cycle that she’s on the decade is hers. Shes gonna have the most top 40 hits for a woman and sell a lot of albums. Adele will appear and dissappear throughout the decade like shes been doing and still be huge. Lady Gaga might have a revival of her past. Justin Beiber will go to jail at least two more times. Beyoncé will still be Beyoncé and be relevant and hopefully country music will become country music again.

Hah. 

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s a fight between Maroon 5 and One Direction for the best selling group of the 2010s. 21 by Adele will obviously be the album of the decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

21 by Adele will obviously be the album of the decade.

sales wise maybe, but MBDTF by Kanye West will likely be the most acclaimed album of this decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”kingofrapmusic17″]21 by Adele will obviously be the album of the decade.

sales wise maybe, but MBDTF by Kanye West will likely be the most acclaimed album of this decade.[/quote]

Agreed – I think that in 2019, best of the decade lists may very well still have My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and good kid, m.A.A.d. city at #1 and #2. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Music will continue its downward spinal.  Hopefully, artists like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift will disappear. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: What do you think will happen in the late 2010s in music?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.