What was the best performance from 2012 AMAs?

Home // Forums // Music // What was the best performance from 2012 AMAs?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Cineking
    Participant
    Topics:

In your opinion, what was this year’s best performance?

RichterScale
    Topics:

Based on what? Vocals or production?

Because a lot of tonight’s performances stunk, vocally. Only reliable vocalists like Pink, Christina, Carrie, and Kelly gave good vocal performances.

As far as entertainment value goes, however, Ke$ha was such a fun, hot mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

lol ChriSTRAINa had a reliable performance? The only her background singers did the actual singing. 

Kelly was great I loved the little judge panel during Miss Independent; Kesha kicked ass entertainment wise, imo and I’m a non-fan.  Pink was great. Taylor Swift was smokin’ hot, and her vocals weren’t half bad and it seems she’s been taking voice lessons. Good for her. Carrie was good, but forgettable. 

ReplyCopy URL
    RichterScale
    Topics:

lol ChriSTRAINa had a reliable performance? The only her background singers did the actual singing.  

True. Her performance was nowhere near as good as Pink, Kelly, and Carrie. I just listed Christina because when you compare it to the slew of mediocre performances throughout the night, her vocals were still better.

Pink still had the best performance of the night, hands down. Taylor Swift, take note. THAT’S how you combine dancing and vocals.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lola
    Topics:

Kelly Clarkson.

The singing appeals to me more than all of the smoke and mirrors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Christina Aguilera.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mrs. Doolittle
    Participant
    Topics:

Ummm who cares?

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Carrie Underwood took this title. Unlike most singers who often face the same things she faced (the background music being louder than her), it didn’t come off as she was trying to be louder than the background. Plus that is such a good song!

I have to admit I was disappointed in Kelly’s performance. Her vocals were great and everything. I got excited when Randy said she was performing a medley of her greatest hits, then she sang four 30 second snippets of her songs. I was expecting more than just a medley of four songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Christina’s performance was a hot ass mess. Yet it’s being watched a lot on YouTube. But overall the AmAs were so damn boring. There is something missing about this award show, it has no spark that the Grammys and Vmas do have.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichterScale
    Topics:

But overall the AmAs were so damn boring. There is something missing about this award show

You know what’s missing from the AMAs? Relevance.

These awards are so inconsequential, so meaningless. They’re like the People’s Choice Awards, except they can attach Dick Clark’s name to it.

Back to the performances… What bugged me the most about Kelly Clarkson’s performance were the transitions between songs. It’s was so off and didn’t have a natural flow to it.

LOL at people who think Christina Aguilera had the best performance of the night. Like I said, she sounded good in some parts, like the first time she did the chorus of “Army of Me,” but for the most part, girl was f*cking reaching like hell for those high notes.

Funniest thing I read online about the AMAs: “Aguilera probably sees herself in Underwood, and misses herself dearly.” — Sad, but probably true.

Underwood seemed to be singing “Two Black Cadillacs” in a slightly different key than the recording, but she brought it home in the end, like she always does.

But again, that Pink performance. Damn. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Is it eligible for the choreography Emmy next year? It should be.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I think pink is so damn overrated on this board. She sings good but her performances are so damn predictable now. Ok pink we get it, you like to do cart wheels and hang off ceelings. What else you got? If I had to choose, I would say Beaver’s was, yeah I never thought I’d see the day when I would appreciate that thing. But yes I’ll tie the kid credit, that acoustic version of As Long as You Love Me, was great. Everyone else was so boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichterScale
    Topics:

What made this particular performance so great for me was the dance itself. I agree that her past acrobatics seem to have been for show. But this dance was so expertly choreographed and made sense withint he context of the song. It added more depth and emotion to the performance. It wasn’t just done for the spectacle.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought P!nk’s performance was beautiful and impressive. She isn’t my favorite, but its moments like those when I have so much respect for her and what she does. She has become one of the best female performers, right after Beyonce and Gaga. 

And let me just say, if any artists are overrated on this board its Xtina and Kelly. Their performances were nothing special, yet they are still mentioned as being the best of the night. Xtina was a trainwreck and Kelly’s vocals weren’t even that great. Carrie Underwood, P!nk and arguably Taylor Swift gave better vocal performances.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Cineking
    Participant
    Topics:

P!nk was the best one, for sure. I don’t know why I included Nicki Minaj instead of Carrie or No Doubt, maybe I was surprised by the fact she wasn’t being exorcised or trying as hard as her 2011 AMA performance.

About Christina, it wasn’t a bad performance at all… but it was bad for a Xtina performance, because we know she could do it much better without trying so hard and we expected that. I’m afraid she can’t top herself anymore.

Kelly made a good performance, the transitions between the songs were not natural, but that’s usual for a medley of songs that are not from the same album (see Christina’s performance on 2008 AMAs).

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Pink was the best by far. Just Brilliant! … Kelly Clarkson was a strong second followed by Stevie Wonder in third… 

As for the worst of the night~ Taylor Swift was atrocious, a lip synched mess that stole from Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna, Annie Lennox, the Backstree Boys and more. Just awful… Also terrible was that Ludacris/Chris Brown/Swiss Beatz drivel. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: What was the best performance from 2012 AMAs?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.