What would happen if OutKast released another album &/or Andre 3000 finally releases his solo album?

Home // Forums // Music // What would happen if OutKast released another album &/or Andre 3000 finally releases his solo album?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if either album will be as successful as previous albums were in the 2000s. Rap is in its “turn up” era with Fetty Wap and Drake. Andre 3000 said something about never rapping again because of his age and that the word “hip” in hip-hop means trendy or in the now. Andre said that his generation did all they can and they could still rap if they wanted to but in his opinion he claimed that he wouldn’t make an impact due to the new generation preferring artist of their own age. I’ve might have misquoted but how successful would either album be?

By the way it’s OutKast’s 15th anniversary of their Stankonia album. One of my favorite albums of all time. 

Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Unless he had a pop hit that can gain traction upon release I think it’s been too long since they’ve been relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Homey, it’s a wrap for OutKast/Andre 3000.  I hate to say that, but their time has passed.  They waited way too long to release a new album.  It’s not 2003 anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Homey, it’s a wrap for OutKast/Andre 3000.  I hate to say that, but their time has passed.  They waited way too long to release a new album.  It’s not 2003 anymore.

So if Will Smith or Lauryn Hill released a new album, it would flop? D’Angelo made a successful comeback. He’s nominated for Soul Train awards, an AMA, and most likely Grammy nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Dr. Dre’s “Compton” is a good model to use. Some sales, nice critical acclaim, and possible Grammy nominations in the future. That’s probably how an Outkast album would be received today. Nothing near the popularity of the “Hey Ya!” era, but it’s something. Andre 3000’s best bet now is sticking with acting and the feature artist on random songs and soundtracks. Big Boi can do the same thing I guess, though there’s always producing and songwriting. Lowered expectations for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Dr. Dre’s “Compton” is a good model to use. Some sales, nice critical acclaim, and possible Grammy nominations in the future. That’s probably how an Outkast album would be received today. Nothing near the popularity of the “Hey Ya!” era, but it’s something. Andre 3000’s best bet now is sticking with acting and the feature artist on random songs and soundtracks. Big Boi can do the same thing I guess, though there’s always producing and songwriting. Lowered expectations for sure.

Big Boi is still in the game without the major exposure. He just does it just for the thrill. Right now he has released a new album with the band Phantogram. Those two acts formed the supergroup Big Grams. I’ve heard a few songs and I like it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: What would happen if OutKast released another album &/or Andre 3000 finally releases his solo album?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.