Home Forums Music Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

Who Will Lead the 2013 Grammy Nominations?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that we’re in the home stretch for nominations, who do you all think is the favorite to lead the nomination totals when they’re announced?  Personally, I’m leaning toward Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, with Kendrick Lamar as another dark horse.  I’ve added my current predicted tallies for some leaders below.

Who do you all think will lead nominations?  Will it be Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, or one of the other contenders below?

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (7): ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Rap Performance, Rap Song, Rap Album, Pop Group

Kendrick Lamar (7): AOTY, BNA, Rap Performance (Fuckin Problems), Rap Performance (Swimming Pools), Rap Song (Fuckin Problems), Rap Song (Swimming Pools, Rap Album

Justin Timberlake (6): ROTY, SOTY, AOTY, Pop Solo, Pop Album, Music Video

Pharrell (6): ROTY (Blurred Lines), ROTY (Get Lucky), SOTY (Get Lucky), AOTY (Random Access Memories), Pop Group (Blurred Lines), Pop Group (Get Lucky)

Daft Punk (6): ROTY, SOTY, AOTY, Pop Group, Dance Album, Producer of the Year

Taylor Swift (6): AOTY, Pop Solo, Country Solo, Country Group, Country Song, Country Album

Could anyone else be in the hunt to lead the race?

Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves could, i say could, get a high number of nominations.

Country album, country vocal, 2 for country song (Merry go round and mamas broken heart), new artist and song of year for MGR (6nominations are assured)

She also could get in Album, music video for MGR

Long shot in Record.

6 nominations though ain’t bad for a new artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Earle
    Topics:

Lorde could get 6 nominations: album, record, song, new artist, pop album and pop performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde could get 6 nominations: album, record, song, new artist, pop album and pop performance.

I fully expect her to get five nominations, but I think AOTY is a very, very longshot for her.  I think they’re view the “pop” slots as being filled if Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, and Daft Punk make it in (all of which I am predicting).

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

I think Drake could spoil, since he’s eligible in all these: AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group, Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance (2), MV, so that would be 9 noms, but of course he’s not getting in all of them…

I wonder if Ryan Lewis was submitted for Producer of the Year (non-classical), if that’s the case he could lead the noms with 7-9 total, same with Justin Timberlake, whom I think was indeed submitted for POTY… but I bet it’ll be Ryan Lewis…

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Macklemore 

ReplyCopy URL
    anticore
    Topics:

Macklemore had the most nominations at  the VMAs,EMAs,AMAs, so i doubt that this will be different.

ReplyCopy URL
    TonyKuKo
    Participant
    Topics:

Its definitely going to be between Macklemore, Justin Timberlake & Ryan Lewis

– Macklemore+Ryan Lewis were submitted in 9 categories and are probably going to be nominated to all of them
    – JT was submitted to 10 but is unlikely to be nominated in one category (R&B Perf.) leaving him with only 9 nods.
    – If Ryan Lewis was submitted to Producer of the Year. Then he’ll lead the nods with 10!

On the other hand watch out for THE CIVIL WARS. To me, they have high chances for AoTY and are, off course, locks in Americana Album & American Roots song. However they have been submitted in 12 different categories (they are in 5 different fields). And depending on how much NARAS actually love them. They could also score 10 nods. They could even had only 8 nods without getting to RoTY or SoTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

The awful Justin Timberlake will unfortunately. His continued success is one the most puzzling things ive ever witnessed. Its the same redundant music awards-bodies keep awarding him for. Watch him win album of the year for that garbage.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – 8 or 9 nominations
    then Justin & The Civil Wars – around 5-6 nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking The Civil Wars could end up being the most nominated act based upon the sheer number of their submissions.  

Dust To Dust- ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo
    The One That Got Away- ROTY, SOTY, Roots Song
    Eavesdrop- SOTY
    I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day- Pop Duo
    I Had Me A Girl- Rock Perf, Rock Song
    From This Valley- Country Duo, Country Song
    Devil’s Backbone- Roots Song
    Long Time Gone- Visual Media Song
    The Civil Wars- AOTY, Americana Album
    A Place At The Table- Compilation Soundtrack

They’re easily getting 5 nominations (Roots Song, Country Duo, Visual Media Song, Americana Album, Comp. Soundtrack) and could manage quite a few more on top of that. I think they’ll definitely be amongst the night’s most nominated acts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tae04
    Participant
    Topics:

Jay-Z will possibly be on that list too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I expect Justin Timberlake to lead (8):

Album of the Year
    Record of the Year
    Song of the Year
    Pop Solo
    Pop Vocal Album
    Music Video
    Rap Song (Holy Grail)
    Rap/Sung Collab (Holy Grail)

ReplyCopy URL
    RoseScreen
    Topics:

I expect Macklemore and Justin to lead as well with Bruno Mars and Jay-Z following close behind with The Civil Wars and Kacey Musgraves as surprises. I think that Janelle Monae could have a solid chance as well leading in the R&B field and it was said that she also submitted to Producer of the Year, it would be nice to see female representation in that category.

By the way, when was the last time a female was nominated in Producer of the Year?  

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis-Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Rap Album, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance, Producer of the Year for Ryan Lewis

Justin Timberlake-Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Rap Song, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Best Music Video. He also submitted to Producer of the Year and the R&B categories, I’m unsure whether he’ll get into the R&B field as there are some decent contenders and unsure about POTY ,Pop/Duo Performance and Song With Visual Media but there are possiblities

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Macklemore & Ryan vs. Justin Timberlake, like at every award show this year. Those will be the big winners as well.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.