Will Kendrick Lamar attend the 2016 grammy ceremony? Does 2014 grammy snub still hurt?

Home // Forums // Music // Will Kendrick Lamar attend the 2016 grammy ceremony? Does 2014 grammy snub still hurt?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t find any reaction from him about his 11 nominations (nothing on twitter nor facebook), how excited he is.

I remmember the first year when he received 7 nominations, he was really happy, he did a lot of interviews for the grammys, even from the rehearsal/backstage for that ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqUkJTeYes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdUhlV_Si2E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqdjjehj3XU
    and more…

I think he really expected to win at least one, but they snubbed him completely. I remmember his face when the AOTY winner was announced, you can see at 0:22 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnBz6A14i0

He was really annoyed and disappointed.
    He didn’t attend last year, when he got two awards, because according to him, he was making TPAB.
    Now, with 11 nominations, will he attend? will he give another excuse? Did he get over it?

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

He will be at the Grammys. I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t go, especially if they ask him to perform, which seems likely at this point. Plus, he’s the frontrunner in several categories.

I also didn’t see the point of him coming last year when it was obvious Rap was going to get booted from the telecast, he wasn’t considered the frontrunner in his categories (Eminem was predicted to win Rap Performance and I believe Kanye was predicted to win Best Rap Song), and he wasn’t asked to perform. 

He’s a leading nominee this year and will probably win the most awards. He’ll be there. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift hasn’t even acknowledged her nominations either and I bet she’ll attend. I have a feeling their going to perform together.

ReplyCopy URL
    glamorous
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, and I think he will be performing as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    ImKing
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, he will be there and will win the most awards of the night. He will also have the best performance of the night. PeAcE.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Not only will Kendrick Lamar attend the 2016 Grammy Awards, he will also perform.  I believe the leading nominee always attends and performs.  Plus, he’s going to win a shitload of Grammys.  I hope doesn’t perform the horrific “Bad Blood.”

ReplyCopy URL
    st_jimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course Kendrick was disappointed about losing, but honestly I think other people were more upset than him about getting snubbed. He seems pretty level headed, which is one reason I like him. We won’t see a childish Kanye reaction out of him. 

He’ll be there. He will at least give one speech on stage (I hope more). Please do not perform Bad Blood. 

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Please do not perform Bad Blood. 

Ugh Taylor will use her power to make him perform that trash.

ReplyCopy URL
    setfiretorain
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”stjimmy”]Please do not perform Bad Blood. 

Ugh Taylor will use her power to make him perform that trash.

[/quote]
    That’ll just look bad for her. Bad Blood isn’t a good performance live, so I doubt she’ll go with that. Just like she did that HORRIBLE duet with Stevie Nicks the year she won AOTY and totally bombed it, vocally. She’ll prob do the next single or OOTW, acoustic. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has said she only performs nominated songs so it’s either Bad Blood or Blank Space, she they haven’t performed Bad Blood yet and what better stage than they Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    myhouse
    Topics:

Taylor has said she only performs nominated songs so it’s either Bad Blood or Blank Space, she they haven’t performed Bad Blood yet and what better stage than they Grammys.

Was this before or after she performed the album track “All too Well” at the 2014 show? I have never read anywhere that she only performs nominated tracks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

She never had a nominated performance in 2014 Taylor Swift the act wasn’t nominated for a single song nomination. Hence why she performed “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” in 2013 while “I Knew You Were Trouble” was the current single. In 2014 she performed “All Too Well” after fans constantly asked her to perform. She’s more than likely going to perform “Blank Space” or “Bad Blood” with Kendrick (which the Grammys would love and more than likely push the two to perform it for a “Grammy Moment”) even if she releases a 6th single from “1989”.

ReplyCopy URL
    myhouse
    Topics:

^Wrong. She performed her record of the year nominated song at the 2013 awards (we are never…) Which makes sense, as it was nominated, and approx only 6 months old.

Also wrong, she had two song nominations at the 2014 awards, Begin Again and Highway Don’t Care.

Anyway, I do agree with you in that I expect that they’ll perform Bad Blood, however I hope that does not happen and she performs solo, anything from 1989.

And to get back on topic, I don’t see why Kendrick would not attend the ceremony unless something drastic is happening in his personal life (i.e death of a family member, illness, etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift the act wasn’t nominated for “Begin Again” she was nominated as a songwriter there’s a difference. Also “Highway Don’t Care” wasn’t her song it was Tim McGraws and who knows if both him and Keith Urban where there.

Pretty much had “I Knew You Were Trouble” probably would had been performed had it been nominated in 14. Like last year had she performed she probably would of performed “Shake It Off”.

She performed “Fifteen” with Miley Cyrus in 08, “You Belong With Me” in 10(R/Pop Female nominee. She had three performances nominated that year), Mean (Country Solo)in 12, WANEGBT (opened with RotY nominee) in 13 and “All Too Well” in 14 when she had no nominated performance.

She doesn’t promote new music she had a perfect opportunity last Grammys with “Style” but she chose not to.

ReplyCopy URL
    YoungSoo1313
    Blocked
    Topics:

Oh God! I thought we were talking about Kendrick. But anyways. I’m pretty sure Kendrick will have a solo performance ala Pharrell Williams with “Happy”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Will Kendrick Lamar attend the 2016 grammy ceremony? Does 2014 grammy snub still hurt?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.