Home Forums Polls! Best Actor 1992

Best Actor 1992

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably one of the best years in this category. You had five great performances in this category. My winner this year is Denzel Washington in Malcolm X as it’s the most physically and emotionally challenging performance. Also, this is Denzel’s best performance and, IMO, would never top it. Al Pacino won in this category in 1992, but he shouldn’t have. He hammed it up, and he has continued to do that into the 21st century (with the exception being Angels in America and You Don’t Know Jack.)

Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

NEVER been a fan of make up/career awards and Pacino got exactly that.  This was Denzel’s trophy by a large margin. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

It is definitely a strong category, but the choice for me is fairly easy.

#5-Clint Eastwood—-solid work but there wasn’t much here for me…plus I never found him to be that strong of an actor.
    #4-Al Pacino—-he definitely hammed it up and the fact that there were at least 3 or 4 other great opportunities in the past to reward him makes this all the more frustrating.
    #3-Robert Downey, Jr.—-very good performance, worthy of the nomination.

#2-Stephen Rea—-had he won, I wouldn’t have minded as he gave a truly wonderful subtle performance in what was my favorite film from 1992.

#1-Denzel Washington—-I cannot deny that he really disappeared into this role (well, as best as he could) and while the film was slightly too long, he made it worth watching and I highly doubt he will top his work here.       

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Right, Anthony. Denzel Washington played Malcolm X liked DDL played Lincoln: Disappearing into his role, emboding the sadness and sorrow of his role, seeming like another person and not an actor. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

If there was ever a role that Denzel should have won for, it was this one. It’s really a shame that the Academy nominated neither Jack Lemmon for “Glengarry Glen Ross” nor Tim Robbins for “The Player”. Either would have been additionally more satisfying, methinks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget that Al Pacino was nominated for Best Supporting Actor that year for his performance as Ricky Roma in “Glengarry Glen Ross”. Do you guys think he should have won that or not?

ReplyCopy URL
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

al pacino….over that group for sure..

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

People are actually voting for Pacino???

One of the worst wins in Oscar history. He’s terrible. 

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

Could have easily chosen any of the top 3.  A small arguement could be made for Eastwood’s subtle work too.  Pacino and the rest of Scent of a Woman were not worthy of nominations IMO.

1. Washington
    2. Rea
    3. Downey
    4. Eastwood
    5. Pacino* 

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

People are actually voting for Pacino???

Haha although I would have not choosen him, your avatar pic has an actress who’s win is considered one of the worst. 

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Cher was fantastic in MOONSTRUCK, and IMO the actress so many people on these boards think should have won gave a terrible performance.  

[quote=”Baby Clyde”]People are actually voting for Pacino???

Haha although I would have not choosen him, your avatar pic has an actress who’s win is considered one of the worst. [/quote]

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

What if Emmanuelle Riva wins Sunday? Would you accept that, FishBiscuit?

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Scent of a Woman on Encore as I type this. Al Pacino looks like he’s going to have a heart attack! Look at his eyes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Al Pacino and Denzel Washington. Don’t understand or care about the hate on Pacino.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I do not mind the occasional career vote. I am glad Al Pacino and Paul Newman have Oscars even if I wish they would have won them earlier for better roles. If I was an actual Oscar I would have probably voted for Al Pacino. Here I will vote for my choice as the best. Denzel Washington is great and certainly very deserving but I slightly prefer Stephen Rea’s unusual and fascinating performance in “The Crying Game”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Best Actor 1992

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.