Best Actor 2001

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Actor 2001

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts?

Personally, my personal pick for Best Actor is John Cameron Mitchell for his portrayal of Hansel Schmidt/Hedwig Robinson in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Denzel Washington. But, Will Smith was a close second.

ReplyCopy URL
    black30
    Topics:

Denzel, simply for the look it put on Russell’s face, when he had to remain standing for applause. 

ReplyCopy URL
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

Since I believe that Russell Crowe gave one of the 3 best performances of that decade,
    I voted for him….The academy picked Washington to make up for Malcolm X…but IMO
    his performance in Training Day was ordinary in a pretty bad film…..But with Halle Berry
    winning undeservedly and Sidney Poitier getting another no need Oscar..I guess the academy
    was making quite a loud statement that year…..in righting previous wrongs…..There ya go
    thats the Oscars for you, rewarding the wrong person at least 50% of the time…..

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Basically anyone but Crowe who was just horrible in that awful film.

I voted Denzil and Penn was great in what should have really been a complete embarrassment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mrs. Doolittle
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank heavens Crowe didn’t win for that awful performance. So happy my man Denzel won!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

John Cameron Mitchell should have been nominated and he would’ve contended for my vote.

Will Smith’s performance baffles me. He doesn’t look or sound anything like Ali and on top of that, I found it to be a very unconvincing and very bland piece of work in a truly horrible movie.

Russell Crowe was better here than he was in Gladiator but not as good as The Insider. Frankly I still feel he should be Oscarless.

Denzel truly won based on the overdue/black factor and the Crowe backlash. He deserves a Lead Oscar and it should’ve been for Malcolm X.

Sean Penn was really sweet in I Am Sam. It was a change of pace from his typical work.

But Tom Wilkinson wins this easily for me….he gave quite possibly the most underrated performance of the 00s for me. He was very subtle but so powerful (his Oscar clip especially: “You can point your finger at me all you like, but you better take a damn good look at yourself.”)…..and he would’ve been worthy to win for Michael Clayton as well.          

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

The Wilkinson/Spacek emotional punch in ITB should have gotten them Best Actor & Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Smith gets my vote, only Wilkinson is good enough to beat him.

Crowe was very good in a average movie.

Washington making faces of a bad guy, and Penn making grimace should’ve stay away from the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Denzel gets my vote for his electric villain in “Training Day.” I thought that Crowe was in a horrible film and by extension gave one of his worst performances ever in “A Beautiful Mind.” I waver on them even nominating Sean Penn, but I get the nomination. Points to both Will Smith and Tom Wilkinson doing work that could have been win-worthy in other years.

ReplyCopy URL
    CJO1234
    Topics:

Washington gets my vote hands down. I hated A Beautiful Mind, and Crowe was not much better.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Best Actor 2001

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.