Home Forums Polls! Best Actress 1967

Best Actress 1967

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
allabout oscars
Miss Frost
JayDF
  • Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an impressive list of names. I’ve made a thread for actor ’67, but not actress. Whatcha think?

allabout oscars
    Topics:

This shouldve been the GREAT BANCROFT’S 2nd oscar
    in a slam dunk…What was the academy thinking??
    After ML King was shot. the show was postponed, and
    i always said to myself that the envelopes with the winners was changed.

Mike Nichols won the directors guild and golden globe so THE GRADUATE
     was an obvious best picture choice with possibly Bancroft and adapted screenplay.

Oscar night arrives either 1 or 2 days later..(my memory fades  LOL)…and every major
    award except Nichols has something to do with a race relations film.
    ACTOR
    PICTURE
    SCREENPLAY.. In the Heat of the Night

ACTRESS
    SCREENPLAY.. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner…

Coinkidink or not???   hahahah

Either way…Bancroft or Dunaway were both robbed…

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Bancroft or Dunaway or Evans should’ve won. Hepburn’s win here I consider one of the worst in this category, next to Bullock and Paltrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so ashamed…Bancroft is my all time favorite actress ever!  But I voted for Evans.  So close here…Along with Davis/Swanson is the next best alternative tie for best actress.  Evans was so heartbreaking and perfect in THE WHISPERERS I can’t help it.

Despite Katharine Hepburn’s victory, it’s a decent performance, the whole lineup is very good.  Love Audrey here, but she was just as good in TWO FOR THE ROAD.

1. Edith Evans
    2. Anne Bancroft
    3. Audrey Hepburn 
    4. Faye Dunaway
    5. Katharine Hepburn 

ReplyCopy URL
    tonorlo
    Participant
    Topics:

One of the unfortunate instances where the most obscure nominee is by far the best of the lineup…

Bancroft, Dunaway, and both Hepburns do solid work in their respective films, but Evans is truly in another league among this lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a gap between Evans and the rest of this (amazing) group. Bancroft and Dunaway fight for the second/third place, Audrey is a comfortable fourth place and Miss Katharine is – sadly – the last place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Easily Dame Edith Evans.

One of the greatest performances of all time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Currently, I have only seen Bancroft, Hepburn and Dunaway. Of the three, Bancroft would be my pick, though I am VERY fond of Dunaway’s performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

This was definitely a case where the more obscure nominee was probably the best in the lineup. Dame Edith Evans was amazing in The Whisperers!

As for the rest, Bancroft is probably the most iconic here as Mrs. Robinson and it is definitely a very worthy performance.

Dunaway is also very remembered for this, which was her breakout role.

As for the two Hepburns…I found Audrey to be good but nothing amazing. I would’ve preferred her to get nominated for Two For The Road.

Then you have Katharine. By this point, she hadn’t won in over 30 years and had lost for some of her best work (and in my opinion she DID lose for her best work which was Long Day’s Journey into Night) and the one win she did have was for such a small and rather bland film and performance. A lot of people bash her win here. I don’t agree she should have won but she was definitely good in the role and I still can vividly remember her standing up to Spencer Tracy telling him she will stand by her daughter’s side and then her absolutely lovely reaction shots to the amazing final speech/scene of the film and Spencer Tracy’s career. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Faye Dunaway
    2. Anne Bancroft
    3. Edith Evans
    4. Katharine Hepburn
    5. Audrey Hepburn 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ve just seen “The Graduate” and I don’t see how Anne Bancroft could be considered a lead for this film. She’s a very meaty secondary performer – she’s deserving for sure, but most likely in supporting alongside Katharine Ross.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve only seen Faye, Anne, and Katherine so far and Faye really should have won out of that group. She was so excellent in Bonnie and Clyde. Katherine was fine but it wasn’t “give her an Oscar” fine. Anne was great but I still think Faye deserved to win

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 1967

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.