Home Forums Polls! Best Actress 1974

Best Actress 1974

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Possibly the toughest decision any Oscar fanatic will ever make.

If you replace Valerie Perrine (who was supporting) with Liv Ullmann in Scenes from a Marriage, you have the single strongest lineup in any category in Oscar history.

Will post my full analysis of this category after rewatching all films.

Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree that this would be the strongest lineup in any category in Oscar history (even with Liv), and putting Ullmann in Scenes would simply increase the distance between Rowlands, Ullman and the rest of the bunch. Rowlands gave, possibly, the best performance of the 70’s in AWUTI, and one of the greatest of all time. No hard choice for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

A really strong year for sure, but not sheer perfection.  Burstyn and Rowlands are fantastic, Perrine and Dunaway are great, and Carrol is excellent, but is brought down by her mediocre material.  I think 68 and 69 are even stronger, but this is quite a great lineup. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

ROWLANDS should have won this by miles, one of the most devastating performance. flawless!

ReplyCopy URL
    Carmine
    Topics:

Ellen Burstyn is the greatest American actress of all time and completely deserved this Oscar, the greatest win in the history of this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

Ullmann in SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE is devastating.  If she had been eligible for a nomination and was nominated she would still rank 2nd for me to Ellen Burstyn…one of the few times I agreed with academy in this category.  Rowlands was tremendous.  Dunaway, Carroll & Perrine were all wonderful and equaled IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.