Home Forums Polls! Best Actress 2007

Best Actress 2007

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Greg A.
Malick
Kevin Groome
  • Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I’ll be in the minority but Julie Christie was so perfect. Knowing people who suffer from Dementia and other illnesses, she was flawless. She struck a deep chord.

Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

Christie
    Cotillard
    Linney
    Page
    Blanchett

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Groome
    Participant
    Topics:

Cotillard
    Christie
    Page
    Linney
    Blanchett

This definitely had to be one of the closest races of all time. Such a hard decision, both Christie and Cotillard were absolutely stunning.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

#1-Marion Cotillard
    #2-Laura Linney
    #3-Julie Christie
    #4-Ellen Page
    #5-Cate Blanchett

Other than Blanchett, I really liked Linney, Christie, and Page but for me this was an easy choice. Despite not fully looking like Edith Piaf and even with the lip-synching, Cotillard floored me in that movie and made it worth watching. I loved her so much that I even bought the movie despite how difficult it is to sit through (especially the first half). She had so many amazing scenes, but I would rank the “MARCEL!” scene among the best in an Oscar-winning performance or any performance.       

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

Hated the film Christie was in. Sarah Polley is, to me, an incompetent director and even worse screenwriter. Her performance was good but I can not get behind giving an award to any aspect of that film.

Linney gives one of her less awful performances.

Blanchett was not as great as she was capable of being and the movie suffered from a sophomore slump.

Page was amazing in Juno (this is a VERY underrated film and performance). She nailed the character and carried the film effortlessly. This was a masterclass in acting.

But Cotillard was simply outstanding. As Anthony mentioned, she had serious hurdles to get over in order to impress the audience, and she got over them with flying colors. This is one of the best Best Actress wins, and the second best of the 2000’s second only to Theron.

1. Cotillard
    2. Page
    3. Blanchett/Christie
    4. Blanchett/Christie
    5. Linney 

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ellen Page. No contest. Ellen Page. The film is perfect. It is brilliantly written and directed and tells one of the greatest stories ever put on film. I truly don’t understand why it’s so disliked here.

Ellen Page’s performance as Juno is not only touching, it is moving. Juno, this teenage asshole who is stupid enough to have unprotected sex and has all of the qualities of that girl in high school that everyone hates, ends up becoming your friend throughout the film and at the end, you are truly happy that she is finally happy. It’s almost as though you have held her hand throughout her entire journey, experienced everything with her and became close friends with her. All of this is thanks to Page’s sensitive and perfectly thought-out and nuaced performance.

I truly believe that it will be many years before we see another performance on film as brilliant as this one. 

ReplyCopy URL
    MERYLMADNESS
    Topics:

1. Cotillard
    2. Page
    3. Christie
    4. Linney
    5. Blanchett

The unnominated Angelina Jolie in A Mighty Heart, Amy Adams in Enchanted, Nikki Blonsky in Hairspray or Keira Knightley in Atonement would’ve been much better nominees than 3-5. 

ReplyCopy URL
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

COTILLARD—– one of the greatest performance by an actress in film history.
    She simply was astounding!!!!!

2. CHRISTIE
    3. LINNEY
    4. PAGE
    5. BLANCHETT- one time where Blanchett was NOT worthy of a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

All were great but Cotillard was beyond incredible. She had the best female performance of the 2000s in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Marion Cotillard
    2. Julie Christie
    3. Ellen Page
    4. Laura Linney
    5. Cate Blanchett

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

I remember being really shocked Julie Christie didn’t win.  She was too in fact—you can see in the video she takes out her speech right before Marion Cotillard’s name was announced.  Oops.  Her Oscar speech was wonderfully genuine and heartfelt, I’m surprised nobody has said that yet.  I hope Cotillard gets back into an Oscar race and continues appearing in great material, from more artistic, prestige fare to blockbusters of tremendous national and global reach, all of which wouldn’t have been possible if she didn’t win the Oscar.  Oddly enough, she reminds me of a young Julie Christie, also a foreigner who won an Oscar on her first try at a very young age and was a dazzling screen beauty with strong, often esoteric film choices.

ReplyCopy URL
    tonorlo
    Participant
    Topics:

There is Cotillard this year, and there is everyone else.

Six years later, I’m still scrambling for appropriate adjectives for what Cotillard did in “La Vie en Rose.” Absolutely one of the best tour-de-force performances ever committed to celluloid, and one that WILL command respect years from now. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Julie Christie all day!!!!! She would’ve made a tremendous winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

Torn between my top 3…although she gives an incredible performance – I just can’t ever condone a winning performance by an actor who didn’t fully perform their character, just a pet peeve with me.  Sure, sure it would be difficult to find an incredible actress who can sing like the real Edith Piaf…but in fact it’s been done on stage and could have been done for the film.

Although not a great list of nominees, I wouldn’t say anyone of them is less than good.

1. Linney
    2. Christie
    3. Cotillard
    4. Page
    5. Blanchett 

ReplyCopy URL
    CJO1234
    Topics:

My rankings for Best Actress 2007 go like this:
    1. Marion Cotillard
    2. Julie Christie
    3. Laura Linney
    4. Ellen Page
    5. Cate Blanchett

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 2007

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.