Best Actress 2008 – if Winslet’s ‘Reader’ was kept in Supporting and “Rev. Road” got the lead nod

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Actress 2008 – if Winslet’s ‘Reader’ was kept in Supporting and “Rev. Road” got the lead nod

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

How would this pan out?

Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I would’ve been more than happy to give Winslet the Oscar for Revolutionary Road over The Reader….but you still have the strong work of Anne Hathaway and Melissa Leo….not to mention the snubbed work of Sally Hawkins, Cate Blancett, and Kristin Scott Thomas.

I am not sure if you are wanting our personal vote or who we think would have won at the actual Oscars. If it is the latter, I say Winslet would’ve won for Supporting and that would’ve opened up Streep to win in Lead (which honestly she would have not deserved in the slightest IMO). 

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

Who would have won, excuse me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

With the SAG win under her belt, I think Meryl Streep would have won.  However, it wouldn’t have been a lock. She would have had tough competition from Anne Hathaway (who tied with Streep for the Critics Choice win) and Kate Winslet in Revolutionary Road (Golden Globe winner).  However, I think Winslet would have won easily in the supporting category, and voters would have given the lead to someone else.

I also think that a win for Streep in Doubt would have meant a win for Viola Davis in The Help for 2011.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well who knows who would have won? Personally I think  Kate was equally good in both films, and I disliked both films quite a bit; esp RR, which made me want to puke at the time.

My personal choice up there? Melissa Leo. But the snubs that year were horrendous. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

It would have panned out exactly the same way with a Kate win. Only this time she would have deserved it.

As it is Leo should have won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

Streep would have probably won. Hathaway was really fading post-nominations and it seemed like Leo was gaining traction (even beat Hathaway at the ISA).

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

I wasn’t a huge fan of Revolutionary Road – but Winslet would have still won. The Academy wanted her to have an Oscar, and they wanted her to have one in lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

3 way tie between Winslet, Streep, and Hathaway. But Meryl Streep probably would have won for an amazing performance!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 2008 – if Winslet’s ‘Reader’ was kept in Supporting and “Rev. Road” got the lead nod

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.