Some questionable winners. Feel free to rank them.
I gave it to Gregory Peck. Truly a strong, iconic, and heroic performance in a classic film.
I would probably rank them as follows:
#3-Paul Scofield (though I would’ve voted for Richard Burton)
#5-Rod Steiger (would’ve voted for Spencer Tracy)
#6- Rex Harrison (would’ve voted for Peter Sellers)
#7-Burt Lancaster (close call between him and Jack Lemmon. Anthony Perkins was robbed)
#8-Lee Marvin (would’ve voted for Rod Steiger)
#9-John Wayne (not sure who I would’ve voted for)
#10-Cliff Robertson (would’ve voted for Peter O’Toole)
I have to give it to Peck as well, my namesake!
Not the best decade of winners…not a one of them made my #1 spot for their years…
1. Schell (shoulda been Newman)
2. Peck (shoulda been O’Toole)
3. Scofield (shoulda been Burton)
4. Steiger (shoulda been Tracy)
5. Marvin (shoulda been Burton)
6. Poitier (shoulda been Harris)
7. Robertson (shoulda been Arkin or Bates)
8. Lancaster (shoulda been Olivier)
9. Harrison (shoulda been Sellers)
10. Wayne (shoulda been Hoffman)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.