Best Original Song – 1994

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Original Song – 1994

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • awardskel
    Topics:

I listed the 5 nominated + 5 additional songs (5 in total for The Lion King!). Who Should Win?

BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved Circle of Life. I thought it was used effectively in the movie as well. I thought Can You Feel the Love Tonight was a little too formulaic. The other 3 LK songs were good songs to move the story along and were catchy as heck. But COL stuck with me the most.

I’ll Remember is one of Madonna’s more underrated songs. It’s a very poignant wistful song and definitely deserved to be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    awardskel
    Topics:

I went for Whatever You Imagine…for me, that film really stood out in my childhood, even more so than The Lion King if you can believe it. Out of all the Lion King songs, I Just Can’t Wait to Be King was perhaps my favorite as it didn’t get sucked into emotionally sappy territory. Madonna’s song is a great one, and along with Beautiful Stranger from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Loved Me, deserved a nomination.

Circle of Life was a great exclamation point that pretty much told the audience THIS IS IMPORTANT! and even ended with a bang to the film’s title (in bright red, over black). Normally, I don’t go for the songs that are so in your face and that are so self-important, but this was a great song and should have been the one to win the awards, not Can You Feel the Love Tonight 

ReplyCopy URL
    tonorlo
    Participant
    Topics:

As far as thematic anthems go, it’s tough to beat “Circle of Life” in the Disney canon… it would have had my vote, though I’m cool with “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” having won the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Circle Of Life”

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not really a fan of any of these songs, and I am one of the few people who is not a passionate fan of The Lion King…though at the same time, I can’t deny the powerful Circle of Life onscreen or onstage so it gets my vote. Can You Feel the Love Tonight is overrated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

“Can You Feel The Love Tonight” won that year, but “The Circle of Life” was obviously the better song. Elton had a better vocal performance on it, and it was greatly constructed. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Best Original Song – 1994

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.