Best Picture 1994

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Picture 1994

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

One of the most competitve races.

Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Pulp Fiction, it is my favorite film. Of those nominated, I would’ve given it to PF in no time.
    I would rank the nominees as follows:

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. The Shawshank Redemption
    3. Forrest Gump
    4. Quiz Show
    5. Four Weddings and a Funeral

However, the true Best Picture winner wasn’t even nominated – Ed Wood stands out as one of the greatest films of all time. It did deservedly win Best Supporting Actor, but it was snubbed for Director, Actor, Screenplay and Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Pulp Fiction is one of the 5 most importants (better) movies of the 90’s. The palatable taste and the huge success of a movie by a industry veteran made the win for Forrest Gump.

1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Quiz Show
    3. The Shawshank Redemption
    4. Forrest Gump

Three Colors: Red and Ed Wood should been nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Pulp Fiction for me, although if it would have won, would it have the reputation that Forrest Gump currently has as an unworthy winner taking down The Shawshank Redemption?

Also, I’m surprised that The Lion King, which had become the highest-grossing animated film of all time, didn’t get nominated for Best Picture (over Four Weddings and a Funeral, perhaps?), only 3 years after Beauty and the Beast scored the medium’s first nomination in the top category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason, The Shawshank Redemption is the highest list entry out of the three on AFI’s 100 Movies…100 Years (10th Anniversary Edition). 

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Pulp Fiction
    3. Forrest Gump
    4. Quiz Show

Three Colors: Red should have been nominated. I wish that the 10 nominated films rule was in effect during this year.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Pulp Fiction with Shawshank Redemption followed behind. Forrest Gump was such a boring film.

Also Four Weddings and a Funeral should’ve been replaced with The Lion King. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason, The Shawshank Redemption is the highest list entry out of the three on AFI’s 100 Movies…100 Years (10th Anniversary Edition). 

It’s also the highest-rated film on IMDB. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

All aboard the Shawshank train.

Love Pulp Fiction, though. Would have truly supported a Tarantino win. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t like any of these much.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Pulp Fiction

3. Quiz Show

4. Four Weddings and a Funeral
    5. Forrest Gump 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

No contest. PULP FICTION was and still is Tarantino’s masterpiece and it was one of the films that made me become a cinema fanatic.

I concur about ED WOOD…it should’ve been nominated.

I don’t hate Forrest Gump at all and think it is a very entertaining and fine film in its own right, but a win is debatable with Pulp Fiction among the list.

I honestly really liked Four Weddings and a Funeral and Quiz Show but I have no shame in saying this…as controversial as it may be….I do not like The Shawshank Redemption…..there, I said it.

My personal lineup is:
    The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
    Ed Wood
    Forrest Gump
    Four Weddings and a Funeral
    Pulp Fiction

(Quiz Show and Red are also possible replacements depending on the day).              

ReplyCopy URL
    Matty G
    Participant
    Topics:

Pulp Fiction. I went in completely expecting an overhyped pretentious mess, but it blew me away. On the other hand, I went into Forrest Gump expecting an unfairly maligned great movie and was left very disappointed. I also think Shawshank is excellent too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no shame in saying this…as controversial as it may be….I do not like The Shawshank Redemption…..there, I said it.

It’s about time someone said it. While I do like The Shawshank Redemption, I think it is highly overrated, and have a hard time comprehending why and how it is considered the greatest film of all time (according to IMDB voters). I suppose there’s not a whole lot to dislike about it, and therefore doesn’t have as many haters to weigh down its score? Where as a film like Pulp Fiction (which I prefer), I can certainly understand why it would be polarizing and why someone wouldn’t like it. Not everyone enjoys unorthodox (in my opinion, original) means of storytelling.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

I love every second of SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION…but the thing that sent me over the top is the ending…only two film’s ending ever made me feel so elated that I was smiling for hours after.  This one and 1980’s RESURRECTION.

[quote=”TheatreBuff”]I have no shame in saying this…as controversial as it may be….I do not like The Shawshank Redemption…..there, I said it.

It’s about time someone said it. While I do like The Shawshank Redemption, I think it is highly overrated, and have a hard time comprehending why and how it is considered the greatest film of all time (according to IMDB voters). I suppose there’s not a whole lot to dislike about it, and therefore doesn’t have as many haters to weigh down its score? Where as a film like Pulp Fiction (which I prefer), I can certainly understand why it would be polarizing and why someone wouldn’t like it. Not everyone enjoys unorthodox (in my opinion, original) means of storytelling.[/quote]

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Best Picture 1994

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.