Best Picture 2009

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Picture 2009

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

In your opinion, which 2009 Best Picture nominee should have won?

I apologize in advance if this poll has already been posted, but I couldn’t find one in this forum.

Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

This was an odd year. I disqualify animated pictures because they have their own category, and Blind Side and District 9 have no business being in the lineup, and none of the other 7 grab me and say I’M THE BEST PICTURE. So I’ll stay with Bigelow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Why did they choose to exapnd the BP lineup this year? 2009 was no remarkable year in films to be honest. And The Blind Side nod is horrible. That film was no better than a Lifetime film. Precious had great perfromances, but I didn’t care for the film. With the exception of Carey, I didn’t care for An Education, and I never heard of A Serious Man and District 9.

Anyways the lineup should’ve been only 5 nominees:

Inglorious Basterds
    Hurt Locker
    Up
    Up in the Air 

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

Back and forth with several of these for the top spot…

1. Up
    2. Inglourious Basterds
    3. Up In the Air
    4. District 9
    5. A Serious Man
    6. The Hurt Locker
    7. Precious
    8. An Education
    9. Avatar
    10. The Blind Side 

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Why did they choose to exapnd the BP lineup this year? 2009 was no remarkable year in films to be honest. And The Blind Side nod is horrible. That film was no better than a Lifetime film. Precious had great perfromances, but I didn’t care for the film. With the exception of Carey, I didn’t care for An Education, and I never heard of A Serious Man and District 9.

Inglorious Basterds
    Hurt Locker
    Up
    Up in the Air 

While I don’t think that Up would have gotten in over Precious in a 5-film Best Picture lineup, the decision to have 10 nominees was made fairly early on (June), before many of the films had been released.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Precious”

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Inglorious Basterds
    Hurt Locker
    Up
    Up in the Air 

You’re missing out if you haven’t seen District 9. My favorite movie of 2009 was The Hurt locker but District 9 was also an amazing movie and deserved its nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    rrekydoc
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get all the hype over Inglourious Basterds, especially when compared to The Hurt Locker.  Basterds is a fine movie, but you take away the amazing Hans Landa and you’re left with a satisfactory, yet messy script with okay performances and little direction, not nearly enough substance to carry the over-stylistic style of stylism.

District 9 was brilliant, but where it could be compared to most Best Picture winners, The Hurt Locker leaves over 90% of the winners in the dust.  Should never have been much of a contest.

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

The Hurt Locker is the last truly great film to win the Best Picture Oscar.  Thinking back, I’m shocked Oscar honored it, but the film had both the critical acclaim and the media story to go all the way.  In fact, the critical acclaim cannot be overstated, as it brought great attention to this modest budget, low box office contemporary war film, unrivaled in its portrayal of the Iraq War.  For me, it’s the best winner since 2007 and finally brought a great filmmaker her deserved recognition.  

Hmmm…that reminds me of a good idea for a poll: The Best Best Picture Winner of the 2000s. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

The Hurt Locker and Avatar were close I think. Love both of them but would say Avatar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Precious 

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a terrible line up. Even with 10 films, none of them come remotely close to being Best Picture worthy.

I have major problems with everything here and ‘The Hurt Locker’ is possible my least favourite winner of all time. I’ve never been so bored watching a film in my life.

I’d reluctantly go with ‘Precious’ a film saved by it’s performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    seabel
    Participant
    Topics:

The Hurt Locker

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Best Picture 2009

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.