Home Forums Polls! BEST POST 2000 ACADEMY AWARDS HOST

BEST POST 2000 ACADEMY AWARDS HOST

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
ETPhoneHome
GhostOrchid
Tyler [Last N..
  • Strong & Silent Type
    Participant
    Topics:

i voted for baldwin & martin.i love their chemistery.

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Billy Crystal is classic, but his best were in the 1990s. Jackman did a terrific job, especially his opening number. It’s a toss up between those two for me.

Come participate in this year's Goldderby Rankings! http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2017-goldderby-rankings/

ReplyCopy URL
    GhostOrchid
    Participant
    Topics:

I voted for Hugh Jackman, but Ellen’s not far behind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like the only one who thought Seth MacFarlane did a decent job hosting the Oscars.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Hugh Jackman is easily the greatest showman the Oscars have seen since Crystal’s heyday, though there’s something about Steve Martin’s easygoing solo efforts that really appeals to me. 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked almost all of the above, so I just went with the one with the nicest bod.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Hugh was the best but Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were the funniest. That monolouge was probably the best ever. They really did their homework and made some great jokes. My favorite will always be “Gabby and I have something in common. In our first roles, we both played poor black children” – Steve Martin. References like that are what us movie buffs love and they really did a great job at that plus between Martin and Crystal, they both have the best reaction timing when something crazy happens. Ellen, Seth, and Whoopi are also honerable mentions 

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Oddly I don’t remember Baldwin & Martin at all. Now they’re mentioned I have a vague recollection of them being good but if I’d been asked to name the last 10 hosts they never would have occured to me at all.

Jackman gets my vote. He’s everything a host should be. Best since the heyday of Crystal.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: BEST POST 2000 ACADEMY AWARDS HOST

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.