Best Supporting Actor 1990

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Supporting Actor 1990

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • CoolHandLuke2012
    Topics:

Decent line up, but Pesci is the clear stand out here, it maybe within his comfort zone but its the most iconic character out of the 5, and the ‘you think im funny’ scene alone is worthy of the Oscar. They got this one right.

allabout oscars
    Topics:

PESCI……IMO….none of the other 4 were worthy of being nominated…

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going with Pesci as well.  Davison gave a touching performance and Pacino gave a perfect comic book villan performance.  Although not bad Garcia & Greene were not very memorable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not even a question for me. It’s Joe Pesci, for sure. He had one of the funniest performance I have ever seen. I remember when he won. It was a huge upset that night, but now, its not hard to see why he won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

Joe Pesci winning this was absolutely deserved! His performance was pure raging electricity and also a true Supporting performance. In a way, I think it is a huge win for the Academy as just four years prior they chose to nominate Dennis Hopper for a more “friendlier” performance than his arguably better and also more memorable performance as one of the sickest characters ever portrayed on film, Frank Booth in BLUE VELVET.

Bruce Davison seemed to be the probable favorite winning two major critics awards and the Globe, and he was good but the nomination was its just rewards.

Al Pacino was quite the hoot in DICK TRACY. He got the job done with exactly what it needed.

Andy Garcia getting nominated was disgraceful (as was anything G: Part III was nominated for that year), and Graham Greene obviously got nominated based on the coattails of the massive love of DANCES WITH WOLVES.

So, yes, Joe Pesci deserved it not just because his performance was one of the best supporting performances ever, but the fact that the other performances didn’t stand out nearly as much.        

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Joe was a deserved winner. Goodfellas is a good movie but not my favorite. I still think his performance was untouchable that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Joe won in a landslide. He was Amazing in that movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

The epitome of a fantastic, well-deserved Oscar winning performance in Joe Pesci.

Interesting note: all great acting winners that year (think what you will about Goldberg) yet terrible Picture/Director winners. How could that be? 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey Joe, where ya going with that gun in your hand……

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

If Albert Finney had been up for Miller’s Crossing, would everyone still have voted for Pesci? He seems like he’s the only other guy I could imagine winning Best Supporting Actor that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Finney is sooo good in MC; but I think that John Turturro would have been the one to be nominated. I certainly would not have minded if they had dropped Pacino for either one of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Joe Pesci. How the hell was Bruce Davison the frontrunner over Pesci? Ridiculous.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actor 1990

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.