Home Forums Polls! Best Supporting Actor 2002

Best Supporting Actor 2002

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Harris was robbed!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin
    Participant
    Topics:

Any of these people could have taken it for me, and I would be happy.  I do think that Cooper did give the best performance, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

walken.

ReplyCopy URL
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

1..ED HARRIS
    2. CHRIS WALKEN
    3. CHRIS COOPER
    4. PAUL NEWMAN
    5. JOHN C. REILLY

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Any would have been deserving except for John C. Reilly (who was quite good, but didn’t stand out enough to justify a win, in my opinion).

Vote went for Chris Cooper. Wouldn’t have minded Andy Serkis or Dennis Quaid taking Reilly’s place. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

I am one of the only people who didn’t seem to be gaga over Chris Cooper and Adaptation, at least at that time. He was the best thing about the movie, but I wouldn’t vote for him.

John C. Reilly’s nomination was strictly based on the coattails of CHICAGO. I don’t mind him getting in as he did a really nice job but I wouldn’t give him the win.

I remember Ed Harris being good in THE HOURS but that film could use a revisit from me.

Paul Newman didn’t leave too much of an impression on me and it doesn’t help that I haven’t seen Road to Perdition since 2003.

Christopher Walken gets my vote. He is very subtle but I love him in this, much like the film as a whole.    

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Christopher Walken.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Cooper
    2. Walken
    3. Newman
    4. Reilly
    5. Harris

Cooper is the only option for me…he was perfect IMO.  I did, however, think everyone was at least deserving of a mention.  Fan of of all these guys. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

They made the right choice with Cooper. What a phenomenal
    actor. It pisses me off that they nominated John C. Reilly (A great actor but
    nothing worthy in ‘Chicago’) and not Dennis Quaid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand Cooper’s win at all.

I remember watching ‘Adaptation’ and waiting for him to do anything remotely award worthy. He never did. I can’t even remember him in the film???

Ed Harris was fantastic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree cooper’s performance in Adaptation was not memorable or that great. I’m not saying that he was terrible but Ed Harris made me feel so many things with his performance. His performance was haunting and tragically amazing!

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

Cooper was hilarious in Adaptation. His character stood out over star Nicolas Cage’s brothers Kauffman and Meryl Streep’s Susan Orleans. Harris, meanwhile, was in a film with so many storylines and actors that I quite simply think he doesn’t stand out, especially with only two scenes in the movie. It’s a shame though that he hasn’t won an Oscar yet and doesn’t have the industry appreciation he deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    GhostOrchid
    Participant
    Topics:

Cooper rightfully won. He was amazing. Well, everyone in Adaptation was amazing, even Cage. The film should have won so much more, but I’m very happy it didn’t go home empty-handed.
    I’m also glad Ed Harris get’s some love here for “The Hours”, while in other forums users say he gave one of the worst performances there. 
    Christopher Walken was great in Catch Me If You Can, but honestly Hanks and especially DiCaprio deserved a nod even more. Their snubs still hurt me.
    Paul Newman was fine and I actually think John C-Reilloy deserved his nod for Chicago. He had a very good solo song “Mr. Cellophane” and played the “looser husband” with delight.
    All in all a very solid lineup imo. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Cooper did nothing even memorable in Adaptation. His win is one that confuses me. Ed Harris and to a lesser extent Paul Newman & John C. Reily were amazing in their respectives roles. Harris really out did himself by transforming into the character and unfortunately in the end was robbed of the oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actor 2002

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.