Home Forums Polls! Best Supporting Actress 1987

Best Supporting Actress 1987

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

It doesn’t seem like this was a year with many alternatives to Dukakis. Did anyone deserve to challenge her? 

JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

You are right, no other option for a winner in 1987 than Dukakis.  I do have to say though that I loved Anne Ramsey!  Vanessa Redgrave in PRICK UP YOUR EARS, Veronica Cartwright in THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK and either Kathy Baker in STREET SMART or Dianne Wiest in RADIO DAYS would have taken spots along with Dukakis and Ramsey for my ballot.

1. Olympia Dukakis, MOONSTRUCK 
    2. Anne Ramsey, THROW MAMA FROM THE TRAIN

3. Norma Aleandro, GABY
    4. Ann Sothern, THE WHALES OF AUGUST
    5. Anne Archer, FATAL ATTRACTION 

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Moonstruck so I can’t compare the two, but I was actually surprised by how good I thought Anne Archer was in Fatal Attraction. I was very much expecting it to be the Glenn Close show and to a certain extent it was, but Archer was still very effective. I don’t think she had a chance she probably made it in mostly because of support for the movie and if they weren’t going to give the win to Close they weren’t going to give it to her, but unless Dukakis was like beyond incredible I think Archer was probably a worthy contender

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

It really was no contest. Olympia Dukakis was an easy winner that year and probably was my personal choice for the award that year. Moonstruck is a charming film and despite Cher being lovely in it (although not Oscar worthy), I think Dukakis stole the show.

I agree with the mentions of Vanessa Redgrave, Veronica Cartwright, and Dianne Wiest but I also want to bring up Mia Farrow for Radio Days…sure, it was a brief performance and it wasn’t connected to the actualy story since she was just in the bit scenes but she was delightful. She probably wouldn’t make my final lineup, but I thought she was worth mentioning.

Other than Dukakis, I do think Anne Archer was quite good in Fatal Attraction and Anne Ramsey was hilarious…such a unique character actress she was. I loved how happy she looked at the Oscars as well. It was a shame she died so soon after.

Ann Sothern and Norma Aleandro were both solid but not nomination worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

“Why do men cheat…?” Rose

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann Sothern.

When you can steal the show from Bette and Lilian you know you’ve done something right.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Dukakis by a mile. Yes, Cher was the lead and was excellent but when I think of that movie I think of Dukakis.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress 1987

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.