Best Supporting Actress 2006

Home // Forums // Polls! // Best Supporting Actress 2006

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

Vote for who you think should have won

dude93
    Topics:

I think Adams should have won this, and would have had this had Weisz rightfully been put in Lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this already exists. I remember voting for this already 

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched Junebug again last night and I was even more amazed by Amy’s performance. I’m still upset she lost… Her last hospital scene was beautifully acted.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Weisz was so clearly supporting. I don’t get why people think she belonged in lead, She is only in half the movie, but she has a presence that carries through the rest, because it is about Fiennes’ character. It was not category fraud at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. Just because she’s the leading female it doesn’t make her Lead.

Neither would have been fraudulent but Supporting seems the best fit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

I, too, am always baffled by the Rachel Weisz is a Lead notion because of the fact that she wasn’t in half the movie….probably less than half. She was in the right category and I love that she has an Oscar because she is a wonderful actress, but…

Amy Adams was truly wonderful in JUNEBUG, a film that was otherwise horrible. She is my vote, easily.

As for the other nominees:

Michelle Williams would’ve been a worthy candidate to win. If she had won, I wouldn’t have minded but she remains a strong 3rd place.

Frances McDormand was a filler nomination for me. She just kind of flew under the radar much like the film itself.

Catherine Keener’s nomination is interesting because it was such a brief performance that came in snippets as I recall. A lot of this was evidenced by clips at award shows, particularly one (which I think was her Oscar clip but it may have been at SAG) where her and PSH were on a plane (or train, forgive me for not remembering) and an attendant is speaking to her and I remember thinking he spoke more and made more of an impression in the clip than she did. It was a very natural performance and certainly not a bad performance but there was nothing there to warrant an Oscar nomination. Had she been nominated for any other movie she was in that year, even her delightful work in a movie you wouldn’t expect to have Oscar attached to: The 40 Year Old Virgin…it would’ve been more justified.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this already exists. I remember voting for this already 

YEP!

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/7604 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress 2006

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.